Mouse Cursor Disappears (Post 1.2.1)

by SerDagron

Original Post

Re: Mouse Cursor Disappears (Post 1.2.1)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue, my problem was the mouse cursor wasn't scaling to the Anthem game properly. To fix, either set the mouse cursor size larger in your OS, or, in Anthem, go to settings > accessibility> visual feedback, and set the Mouse Cursor Size to Enlarge. Pops right up.

Message 11 of 22 (1,918 Views)

★ Novice

got the same issue 

Message 12 of 22 (1,799 Views)

★★ Novice

FIX - Unplug your game controller from the pc. Fixed it for me.

Message 13 of 22 (1,708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm not using a controller and I've tried the enlarging the cursor in the accessibility options. No dice. Cusor still randomly disappears.

I have a theory though that the game is switching to a controller for the UI. Made a post about it in technical issues https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Disable-Controller-Support-on-PC/m-p/8861352#M27557

Message 14 of 22 (1,615 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still an issue in September 2020. Is this game abandonware or something now? What is Bioware even doing?

Message 15 of 22 (1,250 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, same here.

Have been wondering the same thing about support being gone for this game. There hasn't been a patch since February. Hope they take a step  forward  and fix at least the main issues.

Also noticed, that when using  the Origin overlay, while typing, sometimes one keyboard key press types 2 of the same letter for some reason.

Message 16 of 22 (1,241 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Prec1gus They are working on the revamp, vs working on the live game, for the most part. This mouse cursor issue seems much less frequent for me. Are y’all in a particular area when this occurs most often? IE Ft Tarsis, out on a mission or in the Launch Bay?
Message 17 of 22 (1,210 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ChiraaKitteh It started happening to me in the Launch Bay when using the Forge, but after that, it started happening pretty much anywhere in any of the menus.
Message 18 of 22 (1,200 Views)

★ Novice
@ChiraaKitteh It started happening for me in the Launch Bay and mostly happens there. Somehow it's less frequent elsewhere.

Maybe you know if the revamp going to be released on the same title, or as a separate new game?
Message 19 of 22 (1,193 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Prec1gusDon’t use the Launch Bay unless you’re wanting to admire other folk's javelins. The Launch Bay is def buggy. The Launch Bay's gameplay usefulness really went away when they made contracts automatically get picked up for you when you logged in. So, once you’re done with conversations in Ft Tarsis, you don’t be have to run around, everything is accessible in the enclave and market area, and for most people the market area or menus alone are enough. I don’t expect the Launch Bay to get fixed at all for the current build of the game.

Indeed when the bug happens, it seems to revert to a controller interface, which I can manipulate using WASD. But it really hardly happens unless I go into the LB, so I just stay out. It cuts down another matchmaking loading screen anyway.

Message 20 of 22 (1,168 Views)