Gamebreaking Health Bug

by DrRidiculouz

Original Post

Re: Gamebreaking Health Bug

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@D283W wrote:

The explanations given on Reddit still do not add up.  If I should have roughly half of the pips/armor/health or whatever verbiage you want to use, then I should have far more than 2 pips at level 30 with 400+ gear level.

Is it possible that this is only an issue fore people who leveled to 30 prior to the patch last Wednesday when we started experiencing this?  All I know is that stray bullets from normal mobs shred my shield and armor when I visually see only 2 pips on the screen.  I die fast, if I make one mistake dodging I die.  It's not fun.

People are saying its 200 armor per pip which doesn't make any sense, because then I should have like 8-10 pips not 2, so telling me its graphical i just dont buy it, seems like its 2-3 bugs overlapping making hard to nail down the actual source.

Message 71 of 193 (1,125 Views)

★ Apprentice

@D283W wrote:

The explanations given on Reddit still do not add up.  If I should have roughly half of the pips/armor/health or whatever verbiage you want to use, then I should have far more than 2 pips at level 30 with 400+ gear level.

Is it possible that this is only an issue fore people who leveled to 30 prior to the patch last Wednesday when we started experiencing this?  All I know is that stray bullets from normal mobs shred my shield and armor when I visually see only 2 pips on the screen.  I die fast, if I make one mistake dodging I die.  It's not fun.

If what i'm seeing is true the 2 pips apparently = 400 armor which is definitely not correct I have enough armor to have like 10 pips atleast so its not just a graphical bug its a scaling or missing stats bug, because sometimes it seems fine even if the bar doesn't update like people have said but then as soone as you go to the forge its like boom you are screwed.

Message 72 of 193 (1,270 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The CM used the example that 1 pip= 400 armor. We don't actually know how much 1 pip equals in armor and the developers haven't stated anything either.

Message 73 of 193 (1,296 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Your * 23-02 patch didnt solve this GAMEBREAKING bug. Still have 3 bars hp with 410 power gear and getting oneshoted by everything. 

Still unplayable 5 days now. Even indies developers know how to do proper games.

Message 74 of 193 (1,289 Views)

★ Apprentice

@DrRidiculouz wrote:

The CM used the example that 1 pip= 400 armor. We don't actually know how much 1 pip equals in armor and the developers haven't stated anything either.

Yea I'm not thinking its a hard number it can't be because it doesn't add up I just wish they would give us one or let us see them it would be so much easier to tell on our end if something is broken that way...

Message 75 of 193 (1,280 Views)

★ Novice

I have defended this game from all the hate and flak thrown at it but this health big has made it virtually unplayable. 80$ down the drain until this is addressed. I'm rather ticked over this one.

Message 76 of 193 (1,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I decided to test the claim about the hp bars being just a ui change to show fewer pips rather than a change in hp values by checking the lower difficulties to see how my storm performed in freeplay.

in easy, nothing could get through even an 8th of my shields, absolutely nothing. a scar sniper shot couldn't even chunk 1/16th of the shield bar.

in normal, it could chunk 1/16th if i just stood there and took the shot.  the small fire from the little scar footsoldiers would barely move the blue bar. i can solo the world events without any evasive action at all.

jump to hard, and the small arms fire suddenly chunks 1/8th of the blue bar per shot.  4 little guys shred my shields in less than a second.  the damage output of the enemies in hard vs normal is a tremendous jump. that was not the case prior to the day one patch.

im not yet lvl 30, so i cannot compare any of the grandmaster difficulties.

This leads me to believe that this may not actually be a change to our health (armor) values, but an error in the damage multiplier for the difficulties past normal.  I'd be willing to bet that current hard mode is what grandmaster or maybe grandmaster 2 was pre-day-one-patch.

Message 77 of 193 (1,029 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I decided to test the claim about the hp bars being just a ui change to show fewer pips rather than a change in hp values by checking the lower difficulties to see how my storm performed in freeplay.

in easy, nothing could get through even an 8th of my shields, absolutely nothing. a scar sniper shot couldn't even chunk 1/16th of the shield bar.

in normal, it could chunk 1/16th if i just stood there and took the shot.  the small fire from the little scar footsoldiers would barely move the blue bar. i can solo the world events without any evasive action at all.

jump to hard, and the small arms fire suddenly chunks 1/8th of the blue bar per shot.  4 little guys shred my shields in less than a second.  the damage output of the enemies in hard vs normal is a tremendous jump. that was not the case prior to the day one patch.

im not yet lvl 30, so i cannot compare any of the grandmaster difficulties.

Could this actually be an error in the damage multiplier for the difficulties past normal?  

Message 78 of 193 (1,161 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem on xbox-x getting constantly obe shot by everything with all >400 javelins. Is there a workaround by now?
Message 79 of 193 (1,122 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
For me the bug exists on hard and it gets worse on gm1.
Message 80 of 193 (1,121 Views)