Gamebreaking Health Bug

by DrRidiculouz

Original Post

Re: Gamebreaking Health Bug

★★★★★ Novice

It 100% is not a visual issue. How they haven't addressed it by now is frusturating. I've defended this game and disagreed with all of the negative reviews, but this has pushed me over the edge.

The players that have engaged since early access and reached your end-game cannot play and beyond fixing the issue its been 3 days without even ACKNOWLEDGING it. You think after 50 hours into the game we don't know how much damage (relatively) we should be taking? You really think we just are crazy and the value of our HP is being represented differently? You might have changed those values, but there is another issue going on here for sure.

I won't be returning to Anthem until this is fixed. I can't engage with the end-game and the developers have too many other fires to put out to notice.

Really disappointing.  

Message 61 of 193 (1,634 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

UPDATE: I joined Freeplay after being gone all day and I had 5 pips instead of the 3 I had yesterday. My armor and shield are at 6,364 (I added the amount each component gave me). I am a level 454 Ranger, with two masterwork components. My question for the developers is how much armor is in one pip of health? With my 5 pips and 6,364 armor, I'm getting 1,272.8 armor per pip. Still, 5 pips for level 454 seems like a really low amount to me.

Message 62 of 193 (1,500 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thats it, not even a timeline when this is fixed. Im not playing this pice of * broken game any more. Even the Division 2 its waaaaay more stable and doesnt have GAMEBREAKING bugs. * you again EA. Burn in hell

Message 63 of 193 (1,442 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Same here. If I could cancel premier subscription I would. Was disconnected from EA servers in freeplay just now, lost everything. ALT+F4 that *.
Message 64 of 193 (1,412 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Again the Gamebreaking Health Bug and Anthem Live Service Error has been highlighted and forwarded by email or direct Twitter to the below. Three of the reviewers responded stating they are monitoring this. I had a response back from Tal Paleng (Lead Cinematics Animator) who recommended I forward this to Ben Irving and Chad Robertson who lead the Live service. I've done this and also created the Reddit which @TalRashals and others have also done (Link Below).

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/athrr6/anthem_serious_errors_highlighted_to_press_an...

The Guardian Newspaper - Rick Lane - Anthem Reviewer

Forbes - Paul Tassi - Anthem Reviewer

Gamespot - Kallie Plagge - Anthem Reviewer

PC Gamer - Steven Messner - Anthem Reviewer

VG247 - Sherif Saed - Anthem Reviewer

Polygon - Rush Fruswick -  Anthem Reviewer

IGN - James Duggan - Anthem Reviewer

Bioware - Official Twitter

Anthem - Official Twitter

Mark Darrah  - Executive Producer

Mike Gamble - Lead producer

Tai Paleg - Lead Cinematics Animator

Casey Hudson - Bioware GM

Ben Irving - Anthem Live Service

Chad Robertson - Anthem Live Service

Jesse Anderson - Global Community Manager

Of note is that Jesse Anderson (@Darokaz) just posted fixes due in 90 mins as below on Reddit and via his Twitter:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/atr55f/anthem_fixes_for_2232019/

"Hey Freelancers,

Yesterday we let you know that we were working on some issues and a patch is being prepared to deploy on
February 23rd around 7am CT to address them. Here is the list of fixes:

• The final boss in the “Return to the Heart of Rage” stronghold and crit path mission will now properly appear if a squad of freelancers wipe before reaching it.

• HDR on consoles can now be properly turned on.

• Fixed a number of issues that were causing players to crash.

We are continuing to investigate additional issues that the community have been reporting and will provide more updates on when they will be fixed."

Still i stress again the lack of timely communication by the Devs through official Anthem social feeds and number of serious bugs worries me how successful this game will be. I honestly really want this to succeed and lost a lot of faith following the huge ME:A disappointment and #SavetheQuarians DLC debacle. Nonetheless I like many of you persevered and even bought the Premier access. Now instead of enjoying the game, instead like many i'm been experiencing game breaking bugs, lags and constant crashes for over a week now. We have spent significant time reporting these issues and attempting our own troubleshooting after paying for a "Premier Service" for essentially a broken game.

I think once (again hopefully) these bugs get corrected that some form of recognition be given for all the frustration and time taken for people helping EA/Bioware sort bugs which really should not have been there on release, and certainly not following or worsened/created by the patch! (Extra week of premier access, Javelin Skins, Shards, etc).

@EA_Alexander Again hopefully you can shed some light on this and forward dev response details. 

Regards,

Dan

Message 65 of 193 (1,358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'd like to point out that fixing the various crashing and failing to launch issues i'm seeing on this forum won't mean much if getting into the game means being in Papier-mâché javelins.  Getting into the game only to find it unplayable for everything above normal is going to feel like a slap in the face at best.

Also, in normal mode i feel STUPID strong as my storm compared to hard mode, despite the 2 bars of hp.  i saw someone claim that the bars of health represent more health than pre-patch, if that is actually true, then did the damage scaling from hard mode and beyond get amplified by the patch by a factor of 10 or something?  There has to be SOME reason we're suddenly getting shredded in the same content we were doing before.

Message 66 of 193 (1,379 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Again the Gamebreaking Health Bug and Anthem Live Service Error has been highlighted and forwarded by email or direct Twitter to the below. Three of the reviewers responded stating they are monitoring this. I had a response back from Tal Paleng (Lead Cinematics Animator) who recommended I forward this to Ben Irving and Chad Robertson who lead the Live service. I've done this and also created the Reddit which @TalRashals and others have also done (Link Below).

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/athrr6/anthem_serious_errors_highlighted_to_press_an...

The Guardian Newspaper - Rick Lane - Anthem Reviewer

Forbes - Paul Tassi - Anthem Reviewer

Gamespot - Kallie Plagge - Anthem Reviewer

PC Gamer - Steven Messner - Anthem Reviewer

VG247 - Sherif Saed - Anthem Reviewer

Polygon - Rush Fruswick -  Anthem Reviewer

IGN - James Duggan - Anthem Reviewer

Bioware - Official Twitter

Anthem - Official Twitter

Mark Darrah  - Executive Producer

Mike Gamble - Lead producer

Tai Paleg - Lead Cinematics Animator

Casey Hudson - Bioware GM

Ben Irving - Anthem Live Service

Chad Robertson - Anthem Live Service

Jesse Anderson - Global Community Manager

Of note is that Jesse Anderson (@Darokaz) posted fixes now available (4GB) as below on Reddit and via his Twitter:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/atr55f/anthem_fixes_for_2232019/

"Hey Freelancers,

Yesterday we let you know that we were working on some issues and a patch is being prepared to deploy on
February 23rd around 7am CT to address them. Here is the list of fixes:

• The final boss in the “Return to the Heart of Rage” stronghold and crit path mission will now properly appear if a squad of freelancers wipe before reaching it.

• HDR on consoles can now be properly turned on.

• Fixed a number of issues that were causing players to crash.

We are continuing to investigate additional issues that the community have been reporting and will provide more updates on when they will be fixed."

Still i stress again the lack of timely communication by the Devs through official Anthem social feeds and number of serious bugs worries me how successful this game will be. I honestly really want this to succeed and lost a lot of faith following the huge ME:A disappointment and #SavetheQuarians DLC debacle. Nonetheless I like many of you persevered and even bought the Premier access. Now instead of enjoying the game, instead like many i'm been experiencing game breaking bugs, lags and constant crashes for over a week now. We have spent significant time reporting these issues and attempting our own troubleshooting after paying for a "Premier Service" for essentially a broken game.

I think once (again hopefully) these bugs get corrected that some form of recognition be given for all the frustration and time taken for people helping EA/Bioware sort bugs which really should not have been there on release, and certainly not following or worsened/created by the patch! (Extra week of premier access, Javelin Skins, Shards, etc).

@EA_Alexander Again hopefully you can shed some light on this and forward Dev response details. 

Regards,

D

Message 67 of 193 (1,368 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Still no word? Total joke. Cancelling my subscription and uninstalling this game.

Message 68 of 193 (1,341 Views)

★ Apprentice

@zeels wrote:

Still no word? Total joke. Cancelling my subscription and uninstalling this game.

Have you not read this post the Dev posted the day after it was reported? They are trying to sort out if this is indeed a bug right now because they made changes to the way Health segments are displayed, and there is a bug that was displaying more than intended and then there is this one reported that people are saying they feel they are receiving to much damage or having less damage than intended. Some of it has been fixed, the one shot bug has been fixed apparently I was out in freeplay today doing titans and it does seem to be better but I still feel my armor level isn't correct for the difficulty I seem to be gettting down a fair bit more frequently than i was Pre patch, there were no notes in todays patch notes to address this particular issue so I am not sure if it was hot fixed or they are still looking into it, seems like some side stuff that may have been affecting us got fixed but this issue may still remain, while it has improved, the Armor seems drastically lower than previous to the patch still.

Message 69 of 193 (1,300 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The explanations given on Reddit still do not add up.  If I should have roughly half of the pips/armor/health or whatever verbiage you want to use, then I should have far more than 2 pips at level 30 with 400+ gear level.

Is it possible that this is only an issue fore people who leveled to 30 prior to the patch last Wednesday when we started experiencing this?  All I know is that stray bullets from normal mobs shred my shield and armor when I visually see only 2 pips on the screen.  I die fast, if I make one mistake dodging I die.  It's not fun.

Message 70 of 193 (1,287 Views)