Re: Damage bug Anthem freeplay dungeons.

by jirohen01

Original Post

Damage bug Anthem freeplay dungeons.

★★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number MSI Aero 1080 8G OC
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. The Hollow dungeon during freeplay.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 6/20/2020 11:33 AM
Summarize your bug I think this is physics based where I hit an slope at speed and it causes my character to slide off, and then constantly take damage afterwards, I cannot continue the dungeon because I continue to take phantom damage and I begin to bounce all over the place.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? using a colossus try running at steep angles, or multi stepped terrain while either running or flying.
What happens when the bug occurs? I take damage and then I won't stop taking damage after I spawn and cannot move normally.
What should be happening instead? nothing at all.

https://youtu.be/9fEU-BJMabo

Here's video after the bug has activated. I cannot move normally, and I'll begin to take phantom damage and even after grabbing health pickups it won't stop. the only way to stop it is to leave the dungeon because it doesn't activate in the open world. this occurs in different dungeons and then I cannot go back inside them because it'll activate again. basically locking me out of the dungeons till it's not active anymore.

This is a constant issue that happens even today and it doesn't allow me to continue doing dungeons solo, but in a group everything works fine, it's just when I'm alone.

Message 1 of 13 (6,185 Views)

Message 2 of 13 (6,154 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Yup, exact same problem.

Message 3 of 13 (6,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@jirohen01It’s been reported. It’s not consistently reproducible, so is probably harder to track down. It’s also unlikely to be fixed in the very near future, as the devs are working on revamped game systems. I’d just suggest staying out of that particular dungeon for a couple days. Next week it might work fine.

Message 4 of 13 (6,115 Views)

@jirohen01   hello.  You are one more player experiencing that bug but the Devs can't activate it at will so until one of them manage to experience it they'll find it hard to fix. It didn't happen to me again after that time but I don't visit those strongholds often....I'll give it an other try

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 5 of 13 (6,104 Views)

★★ Pro

I just encountered this bug yesterday, I think it was at The Mandible. I completed the first part of the World Event to Free Arcanists, but when I was suppose to complete the second part of The World Event, I could not move and kept taking phantom damage.

I tried to Respawn but the bug still continued after Respawn at the dungeon entrance. The only thing I could do was End the Freeplay Mission, I tried to join a new Freeplay Session but I kept being sent to the same Session for 3 times and the bug still persisted when I went back to The Mandible dungeon, so in the end I ignored one of the Other Players in the Session (He had the Level 0 Bug), and I could join a different Freeplay Session. I went back to The Mandible dungeon and it gave me a different World Event and I completed it with no problems, so this is the current work around I have found, Hope it helps.

Message 6 of 13 (5,994 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Reposter It was a good thought to ignore someone to try to get a different server, altho I doubt the 'Level 0 bug' is what’s at issue. Will have to have more people try it to see if it’s repeatable. Perhaps these issues mostly occur on server instances that are older. Might be one of the reasons that they shut server instances down after a period of time.
Message 7 of 13 (5,974 Views)

@Reposter   that is what I believe since I know about that bug...for me a few servers are bugged this way and whenever we use them it happens. I don't know how many servers are available but I suppose a lot so it's difficult to find the ones with the bug. Maybe if one of the devs encounters it he or she might be able to pinpoint its origin.

I'm in which Chirra, the level 0 bug isn't linked to it.

Message 8 of 13 (5,959 Views)

★★ Pro
@Valhalla-strider I am not saying the Level 0 Bug player is the cause of the problem, I just wanted to join another server so one way I found that helps is to ignore people (not permanently if you have nothing against that player), it helped me join a different server. Before ignoring that level 0 guy, I kept entering into the same server.

I am not certain if it would help everyone, but it helped me that time so just sharing my experience. If you encounter any further difficulties, please sound out in this forum, Your Mileage May Vary.
Message 9 of 13 (5,933 Views)

@Reposter   I didn't understand it like that🤔...definitely a good idea, it's a good way to make sure to change server...thanks

Message 10 of 13 (5,903 Views)