Re: Connection Problem

by ChainsOfAnubis13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Connection Problem

★★ Novice

Hi! Anyone getting Connection Problems on PlayStation? I keep getting errors trying to login and play, sometimes I get through but when I go to Freeplay it goes back to the main menu and comes up with a pop-up saying Connection Problem: Error Updating Pilot Data. I've tried everything! Reinstalling my game, restarting my console, even restating my wifi router. I can play any other online game and use the internet fine. It's extremely frustrating especially when I've put so many hours with one trophy left to get the platinum! 

Message 1 of 12 (3,771 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @AmoraIvory Apologies on the slow reply, can you try the following to see if anything changes?

• Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (3,661 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@AmoraIvory Wanted to check if you are still seeing this issue?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 12 (3,703 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium 

Yes I am, hasn't stopped for a couple of weeks now

Message 3 of 12 (3,689 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @AmoraIvory Apologies on the slow reply, can you try the following to see if anything changes?

• Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  

Illium.png

Message 4 of 12 (3,662 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium 

I tried playing Yesterday and it was working again without me needing to do anything. I even got the platinum trophy! Thank youu 

Message 5 of 12 (3,632 Views)

Community Manager
@AmoraIvory Awesome glad to hear!

Illium.png

Message 6 of 12 (3,604 Views)

@AmoraIvory I was having connection issues the other night. USUALLY I just keep trying it periodically till it does log in and that works for me. Did you eventually find a way to connect though?
Message 7 of 12 (3,566 Views)

★★ Novice

@ChainsOfAnubis13 I didn't do anything, I would keep trying to login, even when it logged in it didn't load Freeplay or any missions and would go back to the main screen. I just left it, and came back after a week and it was fine, I didn't do anything. Sorry I couldn't be of more help 

Message 8 of 12 (3,550 Views)

@AmoraIvory Oh no worries. Just wanna jot down sure fire ways if anybody happens to discover them lol.
Message 9 of 12 (3,542 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I've been getting the same thing, guess ill just wait as well. I've tried EVERYTHING as well

Message 10 of 12 (3,469 Views)