Re: Can't change javelin after starting a new game?

by Nonoka67

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't change javelin after starting a new game?

★★★ Newbie

Background: Created an initial game file, chose the ranger, played for a couple of hours - I'm level 6, and this account is strictly for playing with my friends. 

Problem: I wanted to try another javelin and play on my own, so I created a new game. When you complete the tutorial it just auto selected the javelin from my first save file and didn't even give me a list of options to choose from in the Forge like the first time around! So I couldn't try a new javelin, I'm still stuck with the ranger. 

Solution: Please allow players to select a new javelin at the beginning of a new game file. 

Message 1 of 16 (16,701 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Honestly, I am pretty sure they’ll change it in the future, and maybe even let you reset your javelin unlocks at some point. It really is confusing and counter-intuitive, and also goes against the whole idea of starting another character to try something new.

Of course by the time they do it, people who started during early access might already have all three of their character slots at 30 anyway. But it’s the thought that counts, right?

(I also hope they add more character slots eventually, or at least let you delete them at some point, but that’s a whole another issue)

View in thread

Message 7 of 16 (16,626 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro

You will be able to pick another at 8. It isn’t that far away.

Message 2 of 16 (16,682 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
the game isnt designed for creating multiple characters. 1 character is able to unlock all javelins as they progress. they did this specifically to avoid the alt leveling
Message 3 of 16 (16,677 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yea, for whatever reason they made it so that the order in which you unlock the javelins stays the same for all future characters. I think other characters are really just there to let you replay the story and possibly pick some alternate dialogue options, for the most part.

I agree it’s really awkward and counter-intuitive though.

Message 4 of 16 (16,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Ya it's really awkward... there's really no point of having different game files then.

Message 5 of 16 (16,639 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

It does tell you when you pick your first Javelin that you can't change it even if you start over.

Message 6 of 16 (16,630 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Honestly, I am pretty sure they’ll change it in the future, and maybe even let you reset your javelin unlocks at some point. It really is confusing and counter-intuitive, and also goes against the whole idea of starting another character to try something new.

Of course by the time they do it, people who started during early access might already have all three of their character slots at 30 anyway. But it’s the thought that counts, right?

(I also hope they add more character slots eventually, or at least let you delete them at some point, but that’s a whole another issue)

Message 7 of 16 (16,627 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

hey guys,

so i've been experiencing some issues with the game.

i'm playing on a PS4 pro with 1tb ssd

I bought my game on preorder and started playing.

after completing the first tutorial you see the intro of anthem.

after that you get loaded into town and are able to accept your first quest.

after that your next quest is to investigate the forge.

i press X and the UI loads but i don't see a javlin suit to select.

i press X again to enter the forge but now i only see a platform with nothing on it.

if i try to press any buttons nothing happens.

only if i press triangle i get a message window pop up with the text "connection problem" "unknown error"

the only way to get out of this menu is by closing down my game and starting it back up.

when i load back in to the game to try this a second time i see my suit has glitched ontop of a new javlin suit.

after talking and troubleshooting with ea for 22 hours straight and folowing the whole proces still i wasn't able to play.

hope others are having this problem and know how to fix it.

pls i need help, haven't been able to play since launch day Frown

kind regards and thx in advance,

Grafher

Message 8 of 16 (15,572 Views)

★★ Novice
@cake404 October 2020 - Nothing changed
Message 9 of 16 (13,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@HAokSAMAre you having some issue with your playthru? If you aren’t happy with your first choice for javelin, new ones unlock at lvls 8, 16 and 26. Doesn’t take that long to get to lvl 8. 

Then last post before yours was off-topic for this thread. Are you having that kind of issue? If so, best to make a new thread and list as many details as possible.

Message 10 of 16 (13,028 Views)