Anthem works on Hotspot but not on broadband!!

by DiGhettoBOS

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anthem works on Hotspot but not on broadband!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. First loading page.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Everytime
Summarize your bug Only works with Phone Hotspot but doesn't work with broadband.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure how but i can send a video or picture whatever is better.
What happens when the bug occurs? First error “Cant retrieve anthem live data” second error “ea servers not available check internet connection or something like it”.
What should be happening instead? Connect and run smoothly like with hotspot.

Is it me or anthem got issue? I can only play with my Iphone 11 4g network hotspot, Anthem doesnt even let me go trough the first loading screen on broadband... Tried port forward tried “the triangle trick before connecting” tried so many things but only hotspot let me play the game. Anyone with same issue or with any fix? Its annoying changing internet connection everytime i play Anthem.

Message 1 of 7 (8,891 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Anthem works on Hotspot but not on broadband!!

@DiGhettoBOS   have you tried connecting with an Ethernet cable instead of using Wi-Fi ? 

Anthem servers are very demanding and your connection needs to be very stable...maybe there is more stability through your Iphone....you need to see with your provider if there are errors on your line.

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (8,834 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Any answer anything? Lol

Message 2 of 7 (8,850 Views)

@DiGhettoBOS   have you tried connecting with an Ethernet cable instead of using Wi-Fi ? 

Anthem servers are very demanding and your connection needs to be very stable...maybe there is more stability through your Iphone....you need to see with your provider if there are errors on your line.

Message 3 of 7 (8,835 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did see this solution on other topic soon i get back to my house ill test up the Ethernet cable and will ring my provider to see if they can help me with the stability thank you for the reply

Message 4 of 7 (8,829 Views)

★★★★ Novice

One thing did got me thinking a lot was the stability, so as the way i am i didnt even waste my time calling my provider, since i tested everything and you saying stability, got me thinking the only thing could be is the DNS server which now i changed in my router settings and now is running smooth like never. (This dns stability situation should still need a look from anthem game team, not everyone knows about dns and its a bit of headache tryna force almost the whole world to change their DNS just to play anthem) (for people from VodafoneUK i advise you to change your DNS vodafone broadband DNS auto server its a complete crap for stability) all the best for everyone and thank you Valhalla for reaching out 

Message 5 of 7 (8,810 Views)

@DiGhettoBOS  glad to know it worked for you and your intel will help others.....thanks, enjoy your game

Message 6 of 7 (8,761 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did share it with other topics hopefully some will manage to fix, and thank you for replying your the one got me to think of it ahah appreciate you very much sir good day for you thank you

Message 7 of 7 (8,753 Views)