Anthem uses 100% CPU until it freezes up completely.

by TheRobgoblin

Original Post

Re: Anthem uses 100% CPU until it freezes up completely.

★★ Novice
Same here with core i5 6400 2.70 GHz, 16 gbs RAM and GTX 1060 3 gbs
Message 91 of 94 (934 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have 8700k no OC and a 2080Ti with no overclock as well. I was playing no problem all night on Saturday. Changed nothing and logged in to play last night and crashed on title screen. That's when I discovered this black hole of problems I didnt know existed. I tried many fixes suggested here but found the one that worked for me just now. 

I had to update to latest drivers Nvidia 419.67 if you can get into the title screen you can make these changes there. If not, force them via Nvidia control panel. HDR has to be off if you're windows 10 and are using this latest driver. AA and Post Processing need to be turned down a single notch as it seems they are both bugged. I then had to turn my power target for my GPU down to 50%. Loaded into game fully and was able to play no problem. Still a tiny bit of micro stutter but at least I can play now. CPU usage fluctuations were all over the place from 45%-90% but temps are good so that's a non issue. Vsync is also on and I had to dumb down my 165hz monitor to 60hz and turn Gsync off for vsync to actually work. Playing full screen. Hope this helps anyone. 

Message 92 of 94 (886 Views)

★★ Novice

It’s the origin app. For whatever reason running it in the background uses anywhere near 30-75% of my cpu. No idea why it does that. Start your game, and close the app. Should solve your issue. My best guess is it’s some kind of conflict between origin and another program (driver or overlay)

Message 93 of 94 (616 Views)

@AOD_D43M0N1C  thanks for your answer but the post is from march 2019 so there is very little chance they are still playing.

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 94 of 94 (596 Views)