Betreff: Anthem on PC using 100% CPU

by Bulltox
Reply

Original Post

Re: Anthem on PC using 100% CPU

★★★ Guide

My Spec:

 

 

CPU: i7-8700K (6-Core/12-Thread, 12MB Cache, up to 4.7GHz with Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology)

Ram32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2666MHz (2X16GB)

Graphic Card: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X

Monitor: 1920x1080 G-Sync

 

First time PC Gaming.

 

Will I need to set any advance setting to smoothly run the game? 

 

Thank You for taking the time to help me out.

 

I'm getting 30 to 50% CPU usage with power usage at Very High. GPU is in the 90% Memory was around 35% I think

Message 11 of 147 (7,141 Views)

Re: Anthem on PC using 100% CPU

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Syruponbutter wrote:

My Spec:

 

 

CPU: i7-8700K (6-Core/12-Thread, 12MB Cache, up to 4.7GHz with Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology)

Ram32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2666MHz (2X16GB)

Graphic Card: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X

Monitor: 1920x1080 G-Sync

 

First time PC Gaming.

 

Will I need to set any advance setting to smoothly run the game? 

 

Thank You for taking the time to help me out.

 

I'm getting 30 to 50% CPU usage with power usage at Very High. GPU is in the 90% Memory was around 35% I think



Are you having any issues though (I mean other than the same issues everyone else is having in terms of ingame bugs and server crashing)?

 

Your CPU may be in the %100 Load but if everything is working okay thats not an issue as long as your temps are okay. 

Have you monitored your temps?

What framerate are you getting?

 

Your PC spec should be fine. 6 cores should be ample enough to put out frames enough for your 1080 GPU @ 1920x1080.

Message 12 of 147 (7,135 Views)

Re: Anthem on PC using 100% CPU

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Hex73uk wrote:



Are you having any issues though (I mean other than the same issues everyone else is having in terms of ingame bugs and server crashing)?

 

Your CPU may be in the %100 Load but if everything is working okay thats not an issue as long as your temps are okay. 

Have you monitored your temps?

What framerate are you getting?

 

Your PC spec should be fine. 6 cores should be ample enough to put out frames enough for your 1080 GPU @ 1920x1080.


Have you monitored your temps?  No I haven't. I have a Alienware system with a liquid cooled 850 power source. I may have the program to check it, looking into that. The very high for CPU was data from Task manger, information.

 

What framerate are you getting? 60fps. I have G-Sync set. I tried setting 240fps, thru the Nvidia control panel and Anthem. Only reach 60fps. I would see it drop to 30 or less, for a second if not a millisecond. Never longer then that. 

 

Are you having any issues though. None that I notice.

 

@Hex73ukthank you for asking. 

Message 13 of 147 (7,112 Views)

Re: Anthem on PC using 100% CPU

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Syruponbutter wrote:

@Hex73uk wrote:



Are you having any issues though (I mean other than the same issues everyone else is having in terms of ingame bugs and server crashing)?

 

Your CPU may be in the %100 Load but if everything is working okay thats not an issue as long as your temps are okay. 

Have you monitored your temps?

What framerate are you getting?

 

Your PC spec should be fine. 6 cores should be ample enough to put out frames enough for your 1080 GPU @ 1920x1080.


Have you monitored your temps?  No I haven't. I have a Alienware system with a liquid cooled 850 power source. I may have the program to check it, looking into that. The very high for CPU was data from Task manger, information.

 

What framerate are you getting? 60fps. I have G-Sync set. I tried setting 240fps, thru the Nvidia control panel and Anthem. Only reach 60fps. I would see it drop to 30 or less, for a second if not a millisecond. Never longer then that. 

 

Are you having any issues though. None that I notice.

 

@Hex73ukthank you for asking. 


You're welcome.

 

Theres a few programs you might want to get that will quickly tell you if you are overheating or not. 


CoreTemp

HWinfo64

GPUz

CPUz

 

those will sort you out, all free and available online just google them. HWinfo seems to have everything built into one, so I am using that one atm.

Check with the manufacturer of your CPU what the maximum temps are and then check what you are at when running at %100 load and whether it stabilises or just keeps getting hotter.

 

You are probably only getting 60FPS because your monitor can only do 60Hz and you re using Gsync which locks your framerate to your monitors refresh rate (60Hz).

Check whether your monitor has a higher refresh rate setting. Some can go upto 144Hz and higher meaning you can utilise your GPU output more and not restrict it as much.

Especially at 1080p.

 

 

Heres my last run today, with several monitoring programs running to demonstrate performance of the system and see fi any of the bugs are system related (they aren't).

It's still processing so resolution will be at 1440p later on when it's done but low right now.

 

Message 14 of 147 (7,109 Views)

Re: Anthem on PC using 100% CPU

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Hex73uk

 

Task Manager only showed me in the 30-50% range of CPU, nothing higher. Monitor is 240mhz, I just don't know how to set it for higher. Why does that matter any way?

Going to check Nvidia forum to see how to set it up, properly.

 

 

I'm confused why other people are showing 100% and I'm not.

 

 

Thanks again.  

Message 15 of 147 (7,081 Views)

Re: Anthem on PC using 100% CPU

★★★ Apprentice

@Syruponbutter wrote:

@Hex73uk

 

Task Manager only showed me in the 30-50% range of CPU, nothing higher. Monitor is 240mhz, I just don't know how to set it for higher. Why does that matter any way?

Going to check Nvidia forum to see how to set it up, properly.

 

 

I'm confused why other people are showing 100% and I'm not.

 

 

Thanks again.  


If someones cpu is showing %100 usage, it's because it is struggling to keep up with the game. Less CPU Load/usage whilst the game is running means your CPU is able to deal with the task more efficiently.

 

Older CPU's usually display this kind of usage. They will have to work a bit harder than a newer CPU. Same for CPU's with less cores/threads.

 

Your Monitors refresh rate only matters if you are using Gsync and your card is capable of outputting enough frames to match your monitors refresh rate (measured in Herz or Hz).

 

Example: If your graphics card (GPU) is outputting 1000fps but your monitor can only do 60Hz your wasting about 940 frames per second from your card on a monitor that can't display them that fast. Gsync attempts to locks your monitors refresh rate to your cards output.

Now if your monitor is 240Hz refresh rate, and your card can only do say maximum 100 frames per second at your current ingame settings, you may only get 100fps or less on the screen due to Gsync locking to the next lowest refresh rate notch. 

 

Hope that helps a bit.

Message 16 of 147 (7,066 Views)

Re: Anthem on PC using 100% CPU

★★★★ Novice

I noticed heavy to max CPU usage during the gameplay as well. It was worrisome, but my thermals stayed under control....

 

I do know that the game coding at launch is WAY better than the demo code. So, lets wait and see what that brings us.

Message 17 of 147 (7,029 Views)

Re: Anthem on PC using 100% CPU

★ Apprentice

What I did to fix this was to lower my clock speed to 3.7 from standard 4.7 on my i5 9600k, it runs at 60fps but the temp is around 50-60.

Message 18 of 147 (6,983 Views)

Betreff: Anthem on PC using 100% CPU

★★★★ Novice

Same Problem here: 

 

i7 9700k @ 5.0 GHz and sitting arround 80 -100% on Anthem.... 
RTX 2070 and playing arroung 50-90 FPS ULTRA  -> 50FPS when the CPU spikes to 100%....

 

This is sooooo anoying!!! A F***** 9700k can's handle this Game ?

 

Is there a way to Limit FPS to 60 without using V-Sync ? Like a launch Option in Origin ? 

Message 19 of 147 (6,647 Views)

Betreff: Anthem on PC using 100% CPU

★★ Apprentice

I can confirm that with vsync the cpu utilisation drops from 100, but then vsync gives me issues where the fps will drop randomly to 30 unless I disable vsync. What a complete mess.

Message 20 of 147 (6,613 Views)
Twitter Stream