An Update on Anthem Next

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Is there any chance of patches for Anthem?

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's one thing that NEXT isn't going to be happening, it's quite another to not tweak anything as it exists right now. I'd just like to know if there is any chance of some tweaks/bug fixes to existing content or if the game will just never be updated again for the foreseeable future. If I was to request items to be fixed they would be the following ranked in order of importance.

1. Re-enable all the arenas when the Echoes of Reality comes around in seasonal mode and fix the bug with the time runes.

2. Make the Season of Skulls boss events appear more often in Freeplay

3. Increase the currency reward from Legend Runner weekly

4. Add cataclysm story missions back into the game

5. Reduce materials for tomb turn ins

6. Let echoes of reality exist as it's own game mode alternating every week between Scar/Dominion.

Message 81 of 199 (9,696 Views)

Re: Is there any chance of patches for Anthem?

Community Manager
Hi @Artunias,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll see that it gets to the right teams.
EACade
Message 82 of 199 (9,626 Views)

Re: An Update on Anthem Next

★★★ Newbie

so how do i get a refund for this game that is now goin to stay garbage.... i got 2 copies.... so glad to see EA has not changed.. Quick to give up

Message 83 of 199 (2,052 Views)

★ Guide

I have to agree since you've dropped full support of the overhaul at least have someone 2 or 3 people to fixe known issues with this game and maybe some performance fixes, theres one world event that always breaks inside I believe a mine of the scars after you either recuse the sentinals it says kill target scar and nothing happens and the W.E is basically broken.

Message 84 of 199 (8,350 Views)

★ Guide

There is also a lot of gear, that didnt work. Like Sudden Death of interceptor does suspiciously low fire damage. Ranger Argo's Mace deal almost no electrical damage, when enemy is defeated with it.

Also, Colossus fist of the Crusible perk is totally useless. 24% more damage? it deal almost no damage itself. It make much more sence to just replace it with "fire damage dot increased 100%" or something...

Also-also mb overall just boost Legendary drop like... 3-4 times? Because with current equipment system... let me check.... thats right, after 2000 hours in-game i still didnt have any God Roll 425% weapons or gear.... Jezus Christ almighty, Sancta Maria, ora pro nobis... etc etc...

This is the main problem of Anthem loot system btw imho.... Cause OMG GRIND is not a problem, loot drops also not, but... basically... getting The Best Possible Weapons and Gear is like... chances are almost 0. Im not kidding...

PS: Oh, also best possible isnt at all 425%... Its 425% AND something usefull in other callumns, like +gear damage or recharge speed. Good luck getting something like that... Chances are around (-)minus eternity...

Message 85 of 199 (8,306 Views)

★ Novice

I think at this point I just want this game to work.  Trying to replay it on Xbox for the achievements and after every single quest I have to reboot the game.  This is a bit embarrassing, I have never played such a bug ridden game 2 years later.  EA should be giving a out free games left and right to fix their reputation.

Message 86 of 199 (7,956 Views)

@seanallen125   ya the game is great when it works well but you have to cuddle it, give it kisses...if you don't take extra care it won't be happy.

Check all the tech issues with Xbox...DNS repairs settings...and don't use Wi-Fi... Then I hope I will work for you.

I know we shouldn't have to go through all that for a game to work properly but it's the case for Anthem.

Stronger when it works Wink 

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 87 of 199 (7,888 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was going to ask for a refund when I first play this game.  My friend who has faith in EA/BIOWARE convinced me that they'd fix the game, that EA/BIOWARE wouldn't let it's gamers down.  So when you all annouced that EA/BIOWARE were going to fix the game i was excited, even reinstalled the game and told my friend that he was right.  Then of course EA/BIOWARE cancled fixing Anthem.  I feel super cheated.  This experanice has taught me to NEVER pre order a game ever again!  I am out 60 dollars for a game I'll never play.  I say EA/BIOWARE should give everyone who bought Anthem a free game or a discount on a game but I doubt that'll happen.

Sincerely,

Another Dissatisfied Customer

Message 88 of 199 (2,009 Views)

@Crandenthall  why don't you just play the game then....it's not because they're not doing 2.0 that you can't enjoy anthem as it is...it as its limits alright but still enjoyable

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 89 of 199 (2,004 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't want to be forced to play with other players just because I play with 3 friends and don't have a fourth.  I don't like it when the fourth player who you don't know just pulls the whole group in to a new zone that our group didn't want to go into.  If they would have adressed the tethering and the forced grouping I'd of been content as it stands those 2 things ruin the game for me.

Message 90 of 199 (1,989 Views)