An Update on Anthem Next

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Re: An Update on Anthem Next

★ Guide

If it wasnt for forums all over the net telling potential buyers to stay away because "THEY" didnt like it and too not even try it for yourself then maybe it would have got the update but EA/BioWare could have released a timed demo of the game to encourage sales. Yes game site reviews didnt do it justice they too kept destroying it with there negative reviews I think it was based on what they showed and what the game had but the full price didnt do it well either EA should have sold this "concept" around £25 I think at launch to see where it would go asking £60 was a slap in the face

Message 101 of 105 (1,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Anthem needs a comeback. There is nothing out there this good. Anthem is by far the best in terms of accessibility, action, presentation, controls, and gameplay.

I’ve seen people compare it to Destiny 2- but that game is a total mess and completely impossible for new players. I’ve seen it compared to Warframe which  is no where near the level of polish and fun gameplay as Anthem.

Bring Anthem back. I guarantee there would be more excitement and word of mouth hype for Anthem than any of that Dragon Age stuff. I mean has anyone cared about Dragon Age in the last 20 years? Don’t get me wrong, Dragon Age had a cool white and red poster and trailer a decade or two ago. I remember it was very exciting for the PS2 or whatever it was, but no one cares anymore.

Anthem crossplay. More Anthem strongholds. More more. Do it and stop being stupid.

Message 102 of 105 (1,283 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

Anthem needs a comeback. There is nothing out there this good. Anthem is by far the best in terms of accessibility, action, presentation, controls, and gameplay.

I’ve seen people compare it to Destiny 2- but that game is a total mess and completely impossible for new players. I’ve seen it compared to Warframe which  is no where near the level of polish and fun gameplay as Anthem.

Bring Anthem back. I guarantee there would be more excitement and word of mouth hype for Anthem than any of that Dragon Age stuff. I mean has anyone cared about Dragon Age in the last 20 years? Don’t get me wrong, Dragon Age had a cool white and red poster and trailer a decade or two ago. I remember it was very exciting for the PS2 or whatever it was, but no one cares anymore.

Anthem crossplay. More Anthem strongholds. More more. Do it and stop being stupid.

No hate against Warframe (which I love) or any of that other stuff (haven't played it), but I fully agree about the rest. FWIW though Anthem has grabbed me far more feverishly than Warframe ever managed to. Anthem really makes me feel like I'm there in the action. I recently posted about how Anthem is my favorite action RPG ever. That post, and many other threads containing positive feedback for BioWare and Anthem, have disappeared in the last week, leaving mostly just thread titles about bugs and other problems standing. Games with as much potential as Anthem, but which buck established formulae for broad appeal, should not be allowed anywhere near big publishers. They just don't know what to do with them.

Message 103 of 105 (1,230 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So... any plans to sell this game?

Message 104 of 105 (958 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@GameflowPRO I agree. If they arent going to work on a game that fans are frankly still begging for, then they should atleast sell it to some folks that will put the time into it. Many companies could take what's alredy there and take off at a full sprint. Even if they did a ground up rebuild in a different engine the potential in it is staggering.
Message 105 of 105 (599 Views)
Twitter Stream