Re: An Update on Anthem Next

by Valhalla-strider

Original Post

Re: Is there any chance of patches for Anthem?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I appreciate the reply. Can we get a straight black and white answer on whether it's a reality to expect any kind of changes?

Message 91 of 199 (7,214 Views)
Highlighted

@Crandenthall  you don't have to....you can do private sessions with your friends only and just be the 3 of you.

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 92 of 199 (1,839 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm relatively new to this game, maybe 3 weeks?

But for the love of God, can some form of chat be implemented.  I've gotten about 80 hours in game so far... and not really being able to organize with simple text chat is SOOOOOOO frustrating.  

When someone is looking for a group on the launch bay... just to be able to type something like, "What level are you playing," would be so helpful.  It's already hard enough to link up with people unless you have a group of people to play with(which I dont), it just makes the experience even more isolating.

Message 93 of 199 (6,849 Views)

@FoRRTrESx  I get you...I would suggest to do quick missions and strongholds to see who's playing...put some in you favorite or note their name and try to contact and invite them. I did manage it like that and then mostly through Discord...if you make few friends there you can team up and talk while playing which is a much better experience and way more fun.

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 94 of 199 (6,784 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Valhalla-strider To be fair tho, strongholds are forced public, so he would likely have the issue occasionally.
Message 95 of 199 (1,820 Views)

Anthem

★★★ Newbie

I believe it’s a mistake to cancel updates on anthem and I believe it can be a great game. I don’t believe cancelling the complete revamp was wrong but not doing anything I believe was a mistake. Now I’m not going to say I know anything about making games, cost basis or anything really but I would say a decent idea on a path maybe. This game has great massive potential. And anyone who supports the idea of this game having it should comment on this. Even though you said there your canceling the revamp I believe it can make a huge comeback. I waited to long to for this game and expected some bad things at first. What game doesn’t have bad things at first. It can only go up from here.

Message 96 of 199 (1,839 Views)

Please Do Maintenance even if no new Content

★★ Pro

Hi guys and Devs, I am still playing this game and even if there is no revamp, please maintain the servers.

I can play still but sometimes the Game crashes to the start screen.

Message 97 of 199 (1,873 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Got to say this sucks I got the game for 8 bucks and it’s actually been fun.  So this new version is dead, I take it that means no more updates at all.  Bioware you need to be careful you say it’s to get DA4 and Mass Effect 4 right but if you abandon games like this people will be less  likely to buy your next one.  You havedone it with 2 games in a row now MEA and this one.

Message 98 of 199 (1,792 Views)

★★★★ Novice

make the game single player and moddable pleasee  !!!!!!!!!!! that will keep it aliveeeeeeeeeee

Message 99 of 199 (1,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is borderline fraudulent 

I held onto this game with the promise from Bioware that Anthem Next was being worked on - and then it is cancelled

I demand a refund or, at the very least, a mea culpa from Bioware giving those who paid for Anthem a free copy of their new Dragon Age game

Message 100 of 199 (2,505 Views)