Re: Release the code

by cake404

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
@cake404 I think it’s likely also that the current version of Anthem will remain playable for a long while. It’s useful in the EA Play vault, if nothing else. Likely even more people will at least try it when/if EA Play finally gets added to Gamepass. And many folks will have never heard the specifics of launch problems, or having MAYBE heard it wasn’t good. Being a useful entry in the EA Play vault is also why people saying that the IP should be sold is silly.
Message 71 of 199 (2,371 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I agree. The only rational reason I can think of for them straight up shutting down the servers would be if they were so poorly written that it was a cybersecurity concern, and the game itself was so obscure that they couldn’t even justify the expense of fixing the security issues. It sounds plausible for games like Darkspore that barely anyone has ever heard of. It seems unlikely to be the issue for Anthem.

I wouldn’t even be surprised if they gave Anthem another try at some later point, depending on how things are looking after they release the next Dragon Age. If they’re making it on Frostbite (which it sounded like they were planning to) then by the time they’re done they should have a better toolset to work with, and more experience with it overall. Obviously, I’m not exactly holding my breath for that to happen, but that would definitely be more feasible than trying to revive it right now with thirty people.

Message 72 of 199 (2,353 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA Play has been a part of gamepass for a 4 or so months now and it still didn't increase the capacity enough to cancel this decision. I was personally waiting to play it till 2.0 update came out and the game could be played at 60fps on Series X. Frown

Message 73 of 199 (2,257 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Dtrav wrote:

EA Play has been a part of gamepass for a 4 or so months now and it still didn't increase the capacity enough to cancel this decision. I was personally waiting to play it till 2.0 update came out and the game could be played at 60fps on Series X. Frown

They should add Anthem on Steam subscription too.

Message 74 of 199 (2,222 Views)

★ Guide

And generally relise it at Steam... I wonder what score it will get, cause Andromeda got 80%...

Message 75 of 199 (2,193 Views)

★ Guide

@cake404 I think it is safe to say you have too much time on your hands.

Message 76 of 199 (2,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Dtrav wrote:

Sorry but a silly statement IMO. I doubt it had anything at all to do with Anthem and more to do with trying to get revenue coming in while development was on hold due to Covid19. Players that had already bought the game at launch and have no need to lay out any more cash and every reason to jump back in seeing as they had already purchased it, haven't come back, so why would players jump in to it en-masse even if its on Gamepass given that it was essentially placed in maintenance mode after only a year of life?

Message 77 of 199 (2,126 Views)

★★ Expert

@cake404 wrote:

I agree. The only rational reason I can think of for them straight up shutting down the servers would be if they were so poorly written that it was a cybersecurity concern, and the game itself was so obscure that they couldn’t even justify the expense of fixing the security issues. It sounds plausible for games like Darkspore that barely anyone has ever heard of. It seems unlikely to be the issue for Anthem.

I wouldn’t even be surprised if they gave Anthem another try at some later point, depending on how things are looking after they release the next Dragon Age. If they’re making it on Frostbite (which it sounded like they were planning to) then by the time they’re done they should have a better toolset to work with, and more experience with it overall. Obviously, I’m not exactly holding my breath for that to happen, but that would definitely be more feasible than trying to revive it right now with thirty people.

So reviving it later when there are no people playing makes more sense? Sorry but /guffaw. Just silliness.

Message 78 of 199 (2,123 Views)

Re: An Update on Anthem Next

★★ Pro

Okay guys, what is done is done, lets not point fingers and say this and that. Basically all I wanted was to continue the Story through 1 or 2 New Strongholds and Events like the Cataclysm. I personally did not want a Total Revamp and Restart of the system.

I do not know how long the game will run as it is, but I am still having fun with Quickplay Missions and Strongholds once a day. I personally request that the Story of Anthem continues somehow if by some Miracle new content is added in, just not a Total Revamp like Anthem Next was suppose to be.

Message 79 of 199 (2,104 Views)

Re: An Update on Anthem Next

★ Apprentice

Such a shame, really. Anthem has so much potential.

Hopefully at a later time they'll have the chance to work on Anthem NEXT further.

Message 80 of 199 (1,919 Views)