Re: An Update on Anthem Next

by Daethena

Original Post

★ Expert

Sad day..Devil

Raises a glass to the Anthem community and the devs that tried their best. Cocktail

Message 21 of 199 (2,009 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So what about that 10 YEAR LIVE SERVICE PLAN

if you guys are seriously doing this and thinking we are just going to buy the next DA and ME game then i think you guys need a massive wake up call

thanks EA YOU KILLED BW for me as a game maker and now everything you touch is going into the bargin bin only for me as a purchaser or for free from epic because i aint paying top $ for the trash you make and the lies you sell

what happend to the 10 YEAR LIVE SERVICE you guys are a joke

Message 22 of 199 (2,004 Views)

Anthem Next now officially abandoned.

★★★★ Novice

Wow. just amazing that after we spent our hard earned money on a game we were assured would be done right, gets abandoned. It's going to real hard to earn the gamers trust again on any title EA is involved with from here forward. 

Message 23 of 199 (1,963 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@DaboTheDuck wrote:

If development for this game is now halted, can you sell the IP to another gaming studio? The game is so much fun and has so much more potential, but unfortunately EA did what EA does. I hope there are future games like this.

No way... Hold on to it and maybe in a few years, after Dragon Age and the next Mass Effect are done, revisit the idea/concept and really do Anthem justice... I think the core idea and world are totally worth building upon and expending with one major difference... Dont make Anthem a live service game, treat it as an action/rpg that can be played co-op, thats it - drop all live service aspects and focus on story and characters, really try and blend the old style Bioware back into Anthem,,, I totally think its worth another shot...

Message 24 of 199 (2,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

It’s really unfortunate. Such a great game. So much fun. A great co-op experience.

The devs who stuck with it deserved better. They were not only building Anthem 2.0, but a redemption story and that’s the real loss. I think they would have delivered something special.

Message 25 of 199 (2,071 Views)

★★★ Novice

it was easy to save this game but yall decided to be stubborn. absolutely ZERO LONGEVITY . Pvp would of at least made it last much longer i blame it on all the PVE shills

Message 26 of 199 (2,040 Views)

Anthem suggestions: Free-To-Play, modders, etc. #SaveAnthem

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

While the news of Anthem's overhaul being cancelled is heartbreaking, perhaps the game can still be salvaged with the following suggestions:

1. Let the modders take over. Release all assets & source code from both the Anthem NEXT overhaul and the original development cycle, including outtakes from gameplay to voice work, so the Modding Community can finish what the devs started and add new things.

2. Make more event content permanent such as the Cataclysm story content, adding the cataclysm map to Freeplay, adding Icetide's weather to the dynamic weather system, extra missions and bosses from the Holloween event, etc.

3. At least update the game with whatever aspects of Anthem NEXT that's actually finished and playable.

4. Have more bosses in Freeplay. Bring back the fully grown Titans, Ursixes, Escaris, etc. to Freeplay and make them a lot more frequent. Having a random stronghold boss spawn in Freeplay would be a bonus.
  5. Make all armour immediately available for purchase instead of having them in store-rotation.
  6. Add the battle royale game mode that exists behind the scenes. Any content is better than nothing.

7. Make Anthem Free-To-Play to increase the player numbers.

8. Make Anthem available on other platforms such as Steam, Epic, etc.

9. Add crossplay if possible.

10. ***If none of the above is possible, sell the IP so another dev team can realise the vision OR(edit) give Anthem to another studio in EA.***

Anthem has many flaws but what hurt this game the most was the lack of content. If that can be addressed, the game can have a future.

EDIT: While tough business decisions need to be made from time to time, Anthem could have at least been given an exit strategy instead of promised development being just terminated and the remaining loyal player base being left high and dry.  EA could have at least made some effort to retain some goodwill.  As it currently stands, promises have been broken twice and we're still left with an incomplete game.

Feel free to share any ideas that you think are missing from the list. The more, the better.

Let's not give up the fight yet, Freelancers! There's one final mission...

#SaveAnthem

Message 27 of 199 (1,970 Views)

Re: Anthem suggestions: Free-To-Play, modders, etc. #SaveAnthem

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Willing to do everything but add PVP. maybe you should sell your homes and give EA the money to save anthem as well

Message 28 of 199 (1,958 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@nickc2496 wrote:

@DaboTheDuck wrote:

No way... Hold on to it and maybe in a few years, after Dragon Age and the next Mass Effect are done....

What is that?  A 6 month window after each game release?

Message 29 of 199 (2,021 Views)

Re: Anthem suggestions: Free-To-Play, modders, etc. #SaveAnthem

★★★★ Guide

@Jagan_TTV wrote:

Willing to do everything but add PVP. maybe you should sell your homes and give EA the money to save anthem as well

Allow me to help you, I think I can save you from ever needing to post again.

PVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVP

No changes.  What a shock. 

OOO they put in PVP.  Toxic behavior. Game dies anyway, right on schedule.

PVPers move to a new game.

There ya go chief.

Message 30 of 199 (1,905 Views)