Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: PTS update - 6/14/2019

by Attica_Blue

Original Post

PTS update - 6/14/2019

[ Edited ]
EA Community Manager

UPDATED:

Thanks everyone for your replies! As someone said earlier, still doing a bit of catch up reading after EA Play and E3. 

I'm working closely with the rest of the dev team to put together notes for upcoming changes this week. As soon as I have all of the information compiled I'll share here on the forums. 

_______

Hey Freelancers,

It’s time for some updates on PTS and what we’re doing over the next couple of weeks.

To start, we’re turning on more of the arenas in the Cataclysm over the weekend. Some of you may have already noticed, but 5 arenas are now active as of today (there were only 3 active previously). On midday Saturday we’ll be turning on 7 arenas that are in the Cataclysm to let you experience them all. Feel free to jump in and check them out if you’re on PC! 

You may have also noticed that we didn’t have a new build this weekend. This is because the team is currently working on implementing some of the feedback that you all have provided us, and so that we can have a build with even more changes for you to check out in the near future.

Thank you all for taking some of your time to share feedback after playing on the PTS, it’s extremely helpful to the team! We'll provide more updates once the next build is ready to go up on PTS.

Stronger Together!

Darokaz

Message 1 of 60 (8,918 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Right on! 

Message 2 of 60 (8,720 Views)

★ Apprentice
@BW_Darokaz Not sure if intended but there is 6 arenas active right now sir Standard smile Only one not active is in the Dark Passage the water column one.
Message 3 of 60 (8,640 Views)

★ Guide

Hopefully this next update with feedback taken into account will actually have proper patch notes. I'd love to see a full list of additions, changes and especially what was changed by our feedback as well as Game Changer Feedback.

Message 4 of 60 (8,560 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
@BW_Darokaz Thanks. Are you able to give us any insight into what specific things are being implemented? Without this sort of dev feedback on our feedback, the PTS feels relatively directionless to me and everyone falls into aimless speculation. Which is one thing for a live environment, but quite odd for a TEST server.
Message 5 of 60 (8,425 Views)

EA Community Manager
@Alem_Ant heh ok, they may have turned on an additional one, either way you now have more arenas to check out with the last one turning on tomorrow.
Message 6 of 60 (7,892 Views)

EA Community Manager
@RubyJavelin Yep, I'm working on getting more detailed notes to share for the next update. It may not be every single change, but I'll at least make sure I get the high level changes for you to see.
Message 7 of 60 (7,879 Views)

EA Community Manager
@Attica_Blue Since I just got back from E3 and EA Play I'm still playing catch up with the team. Right now the focus is on the arenas since we're turning them all on this weekend. We also have heard a lot of feedback on the scoring system, so I know the team is looking at that as well.
Message 8 of 60 (7,876 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just wanna ask if you guys still look into the 100% CPU/GPU usage issues that plagues many of us since 2months now?

And would you mind to update us what the current status on drop rates, drop quality and quantity is? I mean you prepare a big event but the current loot situation won't make it that much fun or spicey enough for many to have a proper look into the cataclysm. I don't wanna sound rude or anything but these 2 topics are the most important to "me" i would like to see an answer to it.

Sorry for my crappy english, its not nativ unfortunatly.

Message 9 of 60 (7,782 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is great to hear from you, we were all feeling a little lost there for a few days, unsure what was happening. Glad to see some contact. Of course we understand how busy you all have been, especially with E3. Please keep us posted. Looking forward to the next build. Thank you.

Message 10 of 60 (7,507 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help