Re: "Anchor" does not work

by EA_Nils

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @RealymanLP,

It does indeed appear to be an issue with permissions. Somehow you didn't have any role associated with your account.
Technically the anchor button should only show up in the editor, if you are allowed to use it. If you aren't it shouldn't even be available.

While Holger or I could add anchors, the result would be that you then would not be able to edit those posts anymore (or well - they might just be stripped again when you try to edit the post).

As a workaround, I have added the permission for what is called "advanced html" in the backend directly to your forum account, outside of our regular forum rank structure.
Can you give it another attempt and report back whether you are able to use anchors correctly now?

Message 11 of 16 (931 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hey @EA_Nils

Now I can not find the button to add an anchor.
I tried it afterwards with an HTML text from the Internet. Still the same error message.

fjafd.jpg

Message 12 of 16 (912 Views)

Community Manager

Gotcha. I've asked our partner to add anchors to one of our settings, but it will take some time.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 13 of 16 (842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hey @EA_Nils

Thanks for the update. Do you know how long that will take?

I have one more question:
I also miss in the new menu the smileys and the options for font size and font color. Are they not there, or just hidden?

Message 14 of 16 (831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hey @EA_Nils

What has become of the mistake now? Unfortunately, it was not yet resolved. How long do I have to wait until it finally works?

Message 15 of 16 (646 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @RealymanLP,

Our partner was not able to resolve this issue. Unfortunately it's just not high enough of priority to get it addressed in a timely fashion.
I've added it to the backlog of issues to be addressed in the future and will let you know once we were able to do so.
In the meantime, please continue working without the anchors.
Message 16 of 16 (621 Views)