Re: XP earned not leveling up towards rank.

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

XP earned not leveling up towards rank.

★★★ Guide

If I'm not mistaken, XP earned on these forums will help towards leveling up but it doesn't seem to be showing any progress. Only way I see any progress gained for my account is by time from what it looks like gaining only 1% each day. I also noticed that some users have less XP then I do but are a higher rank but have had active accounts for a few more weeks then when I signed up.

Is this a bug with my account? or is everything working the way it should and time is how you actually level up?

Message 1 of 8 (2,275 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

@kwhiskey13@mastersam911

Hey guys! There is a specific ranking formula used for the automated rank up progress. While I can not share the full details of this formula, I can say that it involves much more criteria then just pure XP so that is why you may see some who have less XP have a higher rank then you. The criteria also increases naturally as you gain higher ranks which is why you may notice your progress gain slowing down as you reach higher ranks.

Just basically keep being active, contribute and you will rank up in no time. You also should not worry about it too much in the meantime, basically pay no attention and just continue going and it will happen.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (2,914 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I'm also a little confused by this. 

I think if you get a badge though that levels you up

Message 2 of 8 (2,225 Views)

★★★ Guide

@mastersam911 I was thinking that too but I haven't noticed any increase in my progression when I earned my last badge.

Message 3 of 8 (2,211 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@kwhiskey13@mastersam911

Hey guys! There is a specific ranking formula used for the automated rank up progress. While I can not share the full details of this formula, I can say that it involves much more criteria then just pure XP so that is why you may see some who have less XP have a higher rank then you. The criteria also increases naturally as you gain higher ranks which is why you may notice your progress gain slowing down as you reach higher ranks.

Just basically keep being active, contribute and you will rank up in no time. You also should not worry about it too much in the meantime, basically pay no attention and just continue going and it will happen.

Message 4 of 8 (2,915 Views)

★★★ Guide

@XXXO77O4906 Thank you for your answer. That is interesting how that works. Doesn't really seem fair at least not to me now but I'll see how that works out.

Message 5 of 8 (2,168 Views)

Hero

I was leveling up about once every day or so, because I've been so active.

I got A LOT of XP a couple days ago and have continued to be as active before, yet my level has not gone up.

seems to me something's not quite right here...

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 6 of 8 (2,009 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, for those curious about this, in some cases the progression tracker can bug out and show folks as further along than they are. 

Looking info this the arcane secret math @XXXO77O4906 references (XP is a part of progression but other activity contributes too) seems to be working fine, but please be sure to flag any cases where you think there may be a problem. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 8 (1,967 Views)

Community Manager
To provide some additional info, we also do have a time component in there.
Some ranks have a minimum time required, but they are reasonable and if you like the site and keep coming back you, time will not hold you back very long.

We do have another issue currently however with the progression rank % not showing exactly how far along you are. The calculation shows you as slightly higher than where you are actually are according to the formula, and as a result some user will see being stuck on 100% for a few days, while according to the formula, they may just be at 90%.

We will be looking at fixing this in the future, but at this time I don't have an ETA yet.
Message 8 of 8 (1,900 Views)