What is POGO Games Geneva CH ?

by HanyuDaisuke

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What is POGO Games Geneva CH ?

★★ Novice

Hi all,

First of all, sorry for my bad English if it's annoying someone. 

I need help, please.

For about 4 days ago, my sms banking spam me these message, in attachment file.

It said something related to EA * ORIGIN and POGO GAMES GENEVA CH trying to use my credit card to purchase or charge something. I have no money in my credit card, so it said : Over usage limit amount. 
The question is : if I have money in my credit card, will it deduction ? And if it is, how can I stop it ? And what is POGO GAMES GENEVA CH ? I'm sure that I've never been purchase something related to that name. 
I try to reach EA Advisior, but they only tell me to contact my bank provider to lock my credit card. I don't want to do that, because I may use my card in the near future.

I appreciate all your helps! 

Message 1 of 6 (2,758 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What is POGO Games Geneva CH ?

Community Manager

@HanyuDaisuke Hi again. As long as your account is secure and nobody else can access it, you should be safe to make purchases in future. 

It shouldn't be necessary, but if you want some extra peace of mind, after you make a purchase you can go to your account page then remove the payment method. 

If you log in here you can see your saved payment info: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/paymentandshipping/index

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (3,122 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@HanyuDaisuke You absolutely need to contact your card provider. From your description an unauthorized person is using your card to make purchases, and this would need to be highlighted to your bank as soon as possible for your own protection. 

Sorry that we can't assist directly, but I implore you to contact your bank about this. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (2,744 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, I did that 4 days ago, and it stop spam me now. I must register another credit card. This is really annoying, I can't purchase anything in two week, till I got another credit card from my bank provider... And I still don't know what is POGO GAMES GENEVA, only some information about it on the internet : it is related to EA.Help or it just a feature of EA origin. 

Message 3 of 6 (2,708 Views)

Community Manager

@HanyuDaisuke Thanks for the update!

Sorry for not addressing this before, POGO GAMES GENEVA CH is what shows up on your payment statement when a purchase is made from Pogo, which is an EA service focused on casual games. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (2,700 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_David thank you for the information. But why It can take control of my credit card to purchase something without my permission ? I ensure that I just use my credit card to purchase Origin Access and Fifa18 on september 19th.
And my concern is, next time, when I use my new credit card to purchase Fifa 19, for example, will it do the same thing with my new credit card ? 

Message 5 of 6 (2,680 Views)

Community Manager

@HanyuDaisuke Hi again. As long as your account is secure and nobody else can access it, you should be safe to make purchases in future. 

It shouldn't be necessary, but if you want some extra peace of mind, after you make a purchase you can go to your account page then remove the payment method. 

If you log in here you can see your saved payment info: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/paymentandshipping/index

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 6 (3,123 Views)