Re: To all gamers: Stop requesting paid DLC content!!!

by jrrdw

Original Post

To all gamers: Stop requesting paid DLC content!!!

★ Guide

Hello!

If you are old to gaming entertainment you know what I mean but if you start playing games for the last ~5 years you should try to keep your mouth closed unless you agree with what I say.

I've seen dozens of players from almost all types of games that request some kind of this: " please release dlc with extra maps and I will pay xx$" or "please release dlc with extra gun power and I will pay xx$" or even silly requests as "make extra lobby space for players and I will pay xx$".

Are you guys out of your minds? Ok I understand that game development requires millions of $ but if that specific game title does not come back with at least x4...x10 profit today we wouldn't play almost any game at all.
I'm not asking for free games, I'm asking for free game dlc of any kind!
A few years ago you may feel ok to spend 10$ for an consistent 10-15% or even 25% game extra DLC but today this procedure from game developers started to hunt your wallet making you spend 15-20$ for less than 10% in extra game content... this is bad isn't it?
You may think "this is world trend"... well... you are wrong. THIS IS WHAT GAME DEVELOPERS ARE TARGETING: TO MAKE PLAYERS GET USE TO PAY MORE FOR LESS. And they did it.
Spending extra money for game content is not comparable to spending money on extra stuff you buy for your car or your house. Because it has NO REAL VALUE.

ANY KIND OF PAID DLC (SKILL OR VISUAL CONTENT) HAS AN IMPACT ON GAME EXPERIENCE AND MAKES THE COMPETITION UNEQUAL BETWEEN PLAYERS!

I hope some EA member will come and say something that is eligible and defends their predatory tactics in an understandable and decent way.

To all players: have a nice gameplay!

Message 1 of 4 (710 Views)

★★★★ Guide

So you feel game developer's shouldn't get paid for their time?  

Message 2 of 4 (707 Views)

★ Novice

They get paid for the value that they made from the base game, anything after that, should be patches in the game that should have been completed one release. Just about every "game" today is going to be released like Final Fantasy 15, with evidence of removed content to be packaged as "DCL", or in other words, Disk Locked Content. It isn't about developers being paid fairly, it's about having ethics behind making a game as art worthy of our money to be sold fairly, not to make units only to be made cheaply as possible, look at Destiny 2.

Message 3 of 4 (699 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@abc1368721995As a consumer of games myself I understand what you're saying. But there are two sides to a coin pun intended. I'm sure this next sentence is going to be really popular! Most all software issue's are the end users fault. It's a fact. The fact is that everybody uses their computer differently. Downloading willy nilly, changing settings to most aren't sure what they are really doing, sharing their computer with people who do the same thing, clicking links to who knows what so on and so on...

Developers how ever are building software intended to work on computers that run on mostly default settings because they have to have a base line to work off of.  It would be impossible to cater to every individuals personal needs the way end users have their computer set up. It is also impossible to release software that wont need patches, updates and hot fixes due to fast advancement of technology.

Two sides to every coin! Wink

Message 4 of 4 (656 Views)