Re: What the hell is this?

by crinrict

Original Post

EA DICE Team

@Detour-it

Are you sure this is not related to the post that you made on 23-10-2016 01:50 PM?

Answers HQ and EA Help are all official EA websites related to our customer support. If you have an EA account then you will automatically be registered on these websites as well to make it easier for you to reach out to support.

You've made two posts by now so no need to remove your badge.

@pyk4654

A noob means you are new somewhere in the gaming scene, which you are on this website - welcome!

Let us know if we can help you with anything.

Message 11 of 24 (3,861 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I got this badge today , thanking me for some answer?

i havent written any answers?

Message 12 of 24 (3,817 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Maize45

If you have an EA account then you are also automatically connected here on Answers HQ (a player-to-player community help forum).

However, you should not receive a message thanking you for your reply if you've never replied. Does the email that you received reference to any specific post you made? Or what else does it say?

It is ok to share the email, but please make sure that no personal information is visible if you do so.

Message 13 of 24 (3,800 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Just enjoy the game it's all about having fun
Message 14 of 24 (3,381 Views)

Re: Noob Badge - What is it?

★★ Novice

A Noob badge is just when you come to this page to ask a question and they just call you a noob because you need an answer to something

Message 15 of 24 (3,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

[Removed unkind comment - CM]

Message 16 of 24 (3,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

[Removed unkind comment - CM]

Message 17 of 24 (3,038 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Straatford87 wrote:

A noob means you are new somewhere in the gaming scene, which you are on this website - welcome!

I'm sure you know that "noob" is usually a derogatory term. I can't recall ever using this website and now get a mail along the lines of "You're a noob, congratulations" out of the blue. I'm not a kid anymore and not a competitive gamer, but I can't help but feel insulted by the schitty email I just received. Thanks, EA. I guess you deserve your reputation after all.

Message 18 of 24 (2,512 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I didn't ask to get any badges,, I get up this morning  and check my email and I have  4 emails with 4 badges from you people... How do I stop this ?? don't send me stuff unless I ask for it... Thanks !

Message 19 of 24 (2,283 Views)

Hero
You can't really turn off getting badges but you can turn of the notifications for them.

- Click on the little triangle next to your name and choose settings
- Choose Subscriptions & Notifications
- Choose Notification Settings
- On Badges I earn, choose never

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 24 (2,269 Views)