EA ANSWERS HQ][ Profile Avatar Choice?

by Belisha_Beacon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA ANSWERS HQ][ Profile Avatar Choice?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

There is something irking me about the selection of avatars available here.

Looking at the current selection, it would appear EA is more geared towards blokes. 

Now EA, it is a myth that the majority of gamers are male.  There are plenty, and I'm sure you are well aware, of females that also  play video games.  Going by what EA actually sells in store, it IS male orientated codswallop, but the ratio of available avatars is also geared towards males.. 

Please EA, Its 2017, c'mon step up and get with the times and represent all sexes. Party hatSecretAngelHeart

Spoiler
Spoiler
Raised eyebrow

eit/ ea answers hq 

Message 1 of 18 (3,292 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Profile Avatar Choice?

EA DICE Team

@Belisha_Beacon

Hi again!

How have you been? :-)

I just wanted to update you that we've since added 29 new avatars to the site, with 17 of them being female. We're big on diversity, so there's still more to come in the future. In the meantime though, thanks again for highlighting this to us - your feedback is appreciated!

Please stop by for a further chat if you're up for it, or do let me know if you've got any further questions.

Cheers,

View in thread

Message 10 of 18 (4,083 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I guess.

But when/if you gain enough "levels" in the forums you get access to more avatars and can even upload your own avatar.

Message 2 of 18 (3,227 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Belisha_Beacon

Heya! :-)

To clarify, are you talking about the Origin avatars, or the Answers HQ avatars?

Message 3 of 18 (3,219 Views)

★ Guide

I see where you are coming from, but I think it's kind of cool that you have to unlock avatars as you "Level Up" on the forums. Gives you something to work towards by helping build this awesome community by participating in discussion with fellow community members.

Message 4 of 18 (3,185 Views)

@Belisha_Beacon  but it also offers the option of a custom avatar (like mine).  And to be honest most of the avatars aren't for me. Hence, i've made my ownStandard smile

But i agree, the avatar collection isn't exactly stellar. But again, level-up a bit and you can add your own avatar (as long is in the limits of the common-sense). 

And when you say about the store being more male oriented...I see plenty of titles that can be played by everyone, no matter the gender, race and so on. 

Back to avatars, people that stick around long enough will use their own avatars and are not stuck with the standard ones.

Valid point made (the beginner avatar collection should be better), but let's leave the politics out of this.

Thus being said, go for your own avatar. Isn't overly complicated to make one. Even basic MS Paint skills can help with creating one (and it's a really easy program to learn). If you can't, ask a more knowledgeable friend to help you. 

As a side note, we would love to hear about your favorite games on Origin and why do you love them.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 18 (3,165 Views)

★★★★ Guide

By my count there are currently 133 available, 13 are female, 25 are unisex and the rest are for the lads (!)

Meh, spam forum, in order to obtain xp, thus gives greater avi choice .... lol no 

Generally with game clients,  you can upload custom pic from the get go AND  better choice of avatars.

It is what its is,  more restricted blox.

Message 6 of 18 (3,133 Views)

★ Pro

@HaysiFantayze wrote:

Generally with game clients,  you can upload custom pic from the get go AND  better choice of avatars.

It is what its is,  more restricted blox.

That is true for the Origin client/account itself (perhaps not the premade avatars, but you can upload your own day 1), but indeed not this particular forum.

Message 7 of 18 (3,123 Views)

@Belisha_Beacon  i agree that you should have the option to upload your custom avatar since the beginning. I, personally, am not the kind to use pre-made avatars. I prefer mine's. I hope that at some point custom avatars will be unlocked from the start.

@Straatford87  any chance to send the feedback to the relevant people?

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 8 of 18 (3,121 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ivrognard @Belisha_Beacon @Vellu78 @BigPete7978

I've forwarded it to be reviewed :-)

Message 9 of 18 (3,104 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Belisha_Beacon

Hi again!

How have you been? :-)

I just wanted to update you that we've since added 29 new avatars to the site, with 17 of them being female. We're big on diversity, so there's still more to come in the future. In the meantime though, thanks again for highlighting this to us - your feedback is appreciated!

Please stop by for a further chat if you're up for it, or do let me know if you've got any further questions.

Cheers,

Message 10 of 18 (4,084 Views)