24000 years old AHQ-post?

by CMeki

Original Post

Accepted Solution

24000 years old AHQ-post?

Champion (Retired)

I saw this when I was visiting the Swedish AHQ-site. They don't have a board for AHQ-things so I'll post it here. There seems to be an issue with the "age" of threads in the forum. (see picture)
AHQpostage.PNG
So it was clearly posted 2017-11-12 12:18 PM... But without hovering over the the weeks it only says "1245648 weeks ago", which means almost 24 000 years ago. Sure, maybe it was cold in Sweden this particular day, but comparing it to the Last Glacial Maximum might be a bit too much Wink
There other similar examples, I found this one on The Sims 4 board (Swedish one)

Message 1 of 10 (2,222 Views)

Accepted Solution

Svar: 24000 years old AHQ-post?

Community Manager

This issue has been resolved, thanks all for your patience.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (2,127 Views)

All Replies

Re: 24000 years old AHQ-post?

Hero (Retired)

Thats so weird! ahaha

Its kinda a cool glitch as well Standard smile 

Message 2 of 10 (2,211 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @CMeki

Thanks for the post! 

Its known issue and something we are working on fixing. Standard smile 

If you see any more issue, keep posting them!

/Atic 

Message 3 of 10 (2,791 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

The wrong variable is being read, showing the age in seconds opposed to what is shown in the text.

As Atic had stated, we are aiming on fixing this during one of our next deploys.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 10 (2,157 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you wanted more of them, I realized this happens when I have the site on one language but am visiting the forum of another language. This probably happens because I open lots of tabs at the same time. So here's a thread and how it looks when the site is in Swedish vs in English.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sim-wont-do-basic-interactions/m-p/6484987#M104540

hourseng.PNGhoursswe.PNG

What I find confusing also is that the an hour ago, is correct, but not the other one :P

Message 5 of 10 (2,133 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Message 6 of 10 (2,128 Views)

Community Manager

@CMeki First off, I fixed the post you linked, it should no longer show some of the buttons twice. That was either due to copy/pasting by the original user or by using autosave while reporting a bug.

As for the other issue with the Swedish site showing seconds instead of hours, this does happen specifically for posts with an age between 1 hour and 24 hours. Posts that are younger or older then that should be fine.

Message 7 of 10 (2,043 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Awesomesauce, thanks for info! :eahigh_file:

Message 8 of 10 (2,036 Views)

Community Manager

This issue has been resolved, thanks all for your patience.

Message 9 of 10 (2,128 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EA_Nils

Better late than never, thank you! :D

Message 10 of 10 (1,579 Views)