The Board Stickies - Discussion Thread

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: The Board Stickies - Discussion Thread

Hero (Retired)

@the1andonlywolf I have helped a few people i know more personally online through teamviewer but not many others that i have not spoken to before. I think only one person a long time ago and that was just to help them change a setting on BF3 in game with the key bindings.

Helping people on teamviewer is great, as long as they are okay and comfortable with it and know exactly what you are doing so you don't mess anything up.

Message 11 of 28 (9,683 Views)

Hero

Hi,

I don't feel comfortable to help like that so I don't do it personally.

I also believe that for every issue out there, there's at least one other person with a very similar if not the same issue. So if stuff is discussed in public, you might help people that DO infact read before posting without even knowning it.

That's one of the reason I don't help through PM either. I think the info should be accessible to everyone (except the real private one of course but since we don't work for EA, we can't help with those anyways. 

It's also the reason I tend to make FAQ and overview posts to get the knowledge sorted in one place. There are people out there that read and are thankful for them Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 28 (9,670 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Well i personaly do it most off the time for people who only know how to turn on the pc, there are tons out there who don´t even know how to look up there system specs. And offcourse you need to know what your doing. But asking a guy to do a packetloss test if he only know he´s got a pc with a on and off button is kinda useless to explain how in text and all. So i do more the complicated stuff.

And your right about the FAQ its a good thing. But as you also know every pc is different and running win 8.1 or 7 on the same pc with almost the same specs, but one wifi and other cable, true a switch point with a bridge and a router.. is harder to explain how to set the portforwarding Wink.

But i like it this way and so does the community members, as i can see from the daily requests for a session.

So keep up the good work, i will too.

I know i won't be a hero, but its just a name.

They still find me if they need help Standard smile

Cheers Wolf.

Ps. we do need more hero's or forum admins. I still think the construction of this board is a lil messy. But hey... its a Beta.

Message 13 of 28 (9,664 Views)

Hero

It probably also does heavily depend on the games you help with Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 28 (9,660 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hey everyone, the new thread about "How to read a DxDiag file" has now been put online here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/AHQ-Academy/How-to-read-a-DXDiag/m-p/3325775#U3325775 .

Feel free to read it and give feedback on it, also you might learn something yourselves.Confusedmileywink:

Message 15 of 28 (9,629 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I can highly recommend it, it's helped me a lot. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 16 of 28 (9,624 Views)

Not Re: The Board Stickies - Discussion Thread

★ Guide
Sometimes I'm not here, sometimes I'm here. But not like others, I search for issues, not solutions. Yes, searching for issues. Sounds not normal. I don't have issues, cause I play Battlefield 4, while for me no any other game has less bugs or issues than BF4 and I don't lie! I'm searching for sad faces to remake them as happy, and clean all sadness. But for now, I stopped many things, just for the nominations in BF4 and the golden DICE Friend dog tag, what a DICE friend without the DICE Friend dog tag? I want the world to know who I am. I'm - AngryMister! Now I'm trying to make the BF4 better than ever, creating feedbacks, and I will post 'em on Answer HQ, and hope they will be in BF4.
Message 17 of 28 (9,428 Views)

Re: Not Re: The Board Stickies - Discussion Thread

Hero (Retired)

@angrymister Nominations are not here on Answer HQ, its all based on battlelog in the following thread http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065237002226625/

Message 18 of 28 (9,422 Views)

★ Guide
@MorningTimeCloud No, I didn't mean about the nominations in Answer HQ, I mean I will post links to my feedbacks in Answer HQ, and they will be able to give me XP too!
Message 19 of 28 (9,420 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@angrymister You are fine to do that, if you would like. Just don't post all 170 of your posts links, maybe link your profile.

Message 20 of 28 (9,417 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

all-ea-help-promo-2

Forgot your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help