Re : Meet the Heroes

by LiBever

Original Post

Re: Meet the Heroes

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Who are you? 

I'm THISaint, from Tbilisi,Georgia (Country near Russia and Turkey).

What games do you play?

Currently I play Battlefield 4, DOTA 2, Smite, Counter-Strike Global Offensive, Diablo III and Starcraft II.

How did you hear about Answer HQ?

I have always been in love with helping others and discussing different matters at different forums, I believe I found Answers HQ on the announcement board at one of the EA's forums.

What was your first game?

I can't really remember my very first game, but my very first EA game should have been Battlefield 2.

What was your favorite game?

Battlefield 2 for  sure!

Do you have a personal project or website?

I am making translations from English to Georgian with my local 300 community member team, I am founder of that project. I'm also creator of - whenyoureallyplaybattlefield.tumblr.com , I post funny stuff about Battlefield. You can also follow me on my twitter @THISaint_BF 

What's your favorite tip to give to a newbie helper?

Favorite to a newbie helper is think as the company you want to help and also listen to the other expirienced helpers.

Message 11 of 19 (18,848 Views)

Re: Meet The Heroes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Who are you?

Long-time game player (both board/dice/pen-and-paper, and computer Adventure/RPG.)

What [computer] games do you play?

Expectantly? (Already pre-ordered/Kickstarter Backer)  Dreamfall - Chapters, Project Eternity, Dragon Age - Inquisition.

Currently?  The Dragon Age-series (again), the Mass Effect-series (again).

Recently?  The Stanley Parable, Alice: Madness Returns, Titanfall, Plants v. Zombies (on my tablet.)

Less Recently?  Mount & Blade, Tomb Raider: 2013, Skyrim, A Quiet Weekend on Capri.

Historically?  The entire NWN/NWN2-series, the entire BG/IWD-series, the entire Myst-series, both Riddle of the Sphinx and Omega Stone, both The Longest Journey and Dreamfall.

Archeologically?  Dungeons and Dragons (the original.  I still have my game manuals and multi-sided dice), the entire King's Quest-series.

Incompletely?  The Lost Crown (I can't grasp the umwelt, so am constantly floundering about.)

I forget.  Probably a reply from an EA staffer to some post I made on the BSN.

Ever?  Chess.  Fantasy?  DnD.  Computer?  King's Quest (thanks, Roberta!)

Riddle of the Sphinx.  The environments and the sound track keep me enthralled!

I still have a HDD that boots to WinXP just to play this game.

Nope. 

Just remember when you were stuck and needed help. 

Message 12 of 19 (18,816 Views)

Who are you?

I'm BurghBaby. My home is Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, but currently in Oregon.

What games do you play?

A little of this and little of that. Right now, I am hooked on the Simpsons! I play many games on pogo. Love COD, GR, Peggles...OK now I miss my Xbox!

I actually needed help with the Simpsons game, did a Google search and found Answer HQ. I have been here ever since helping where I can.

Wow...ummmm it was Pitfalll, Donkey Kong, Poll Position, PacMan!

Honestly I miss a lot of the old arcade games. My favorite was Poll Position and Joust!

Nope, not at this time.

Just be yourself! If you are not sure of something don't be afraid to ask.

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 19 (18,800 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Who are you? 

My name is Willis, I'm a male from the southern part of the United States of America. I post on Answer HQ because I actually find it to be fun. I am experienced in some concepts of computers, but it's mainly all basic. I use PhotoShop a lot (even some users on here are wearing avatars I made for them!)

What games do you play?

Right now I play a lot of Battlefield, mainly Battlefield 4 because I've gotten rid of my last gen console. I can't play Battlefield 3 on an Xbox One :manlol: I also play Forza Motorsports 5, Grand Theft Auto 5, and many others.

I noticed EA_Sutii's profile had a link to Answer HQ so you could PM him, and that's when I got intrigued. I only started posting so much because I decided to start using the website more. MorningTimeCloud really got me into it though with all of his help and what-not.

I can't remember exactly what game was my first, but the first game I owned and can remember was an old game called Midnight Club on the PlayStation 2.

Fallout 3 or Batttlefield 3. I also really enjoyed Forza Horizon.

Yes, you can find my website at http://apollov7.com/

Be professional. It makes everything easier if you get the point across clearly and efficently.

Message 14 of 19 (18,627 Views)

[ Edited ]

Who are you?
I'm Alexandre and I live in France.

What games do you play?
I am a big fan of the Sims so you can find me playing The Sims 2, 3 and 4. I play The Sims Medieval, The Sims Freeplay and The Simpsons Tapped Out. I like play simulation game too (create a zoo or an hotel for example)

I don't really remember how I found AHQ. I think I was visiting EA Help since I help some people on a French forum and I have seen the link of Answer HQ.

I played some games for children but I don't know if they exists in English. My first ''real'' video game is The Sims 2.

Yes, I have a website called the News Sims with informations about the Sims franchise.

Don't be too lazy when you give some help. A link to another thread is not really efficient, it's better to explain (even a little) what people have to do Wink

Ne lis/réponds pas aux demandes par message privé.
Message 15 of 19 (18,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Who are you? 

I am Aistis, i live everywhere, one day you can find me in Swiss another day in France, etc, i like to travel so i do not stay in one country for long timeStandard smile

What games do you play?

I play BF series mostly, played also World of Tanks and War Thunder.

Well this was long time ago, i started helping in AHQ from day 1.

First game maybe MARIOLarge smile i am playing from 1992

Of course BF 2 this was epic game.

I have fans facebook for bf2, bf3 and bf4 games https://www.facebook.com/pages/Battlefield-2-Battlefield-3-and-BF4/126640897401533?fref=ts 

Help and you will be helpedStandard smile Treat others like yourselfStandard smile Everybody can try write me and i will try to help directly via PM here

Message 16 of 19 (18,510 Views)

★★★ Pro

Q: So, who even are you?

A: I'm probably one of the guys you see less often. I don't have a great deal of posts compared to some of my fellow Heroes, and I'm quite intermittent with my access to AHQ. I'm WorldWideNuke, I'm a gamer, pretty exclusive to the Xbox 360 and I'm from England, although I feel American sometimes with my sleeping schedule!

Q:What games do you play?

A: FIFA 15, Call of Duty: Black Ops. Xbox 360. (yes, I still play the first Black Ops!)

Q:What was your first game?

A: That'd be going back a long time, likely to around FIFA 02 or 03 when I was a kid, but old enough to learn how to play my PS2! When I switched to the 360 the first game I played online was Call of Duty: Black Ops and I've been playing it on the regular ever since. That, I believe, was back in March 2010, when I first got into online gaming.

Q:What was your favourite game?

A: Of all time?! Probably Tomb Raider on the PS1... man I loved that game when I was little! I really enjoyed FIFA 05 too, but my close second favourite of all-time and probably the only game that I can say I'll play until the servers die is Black Ops.

Q:How did you hear about Answer HQ?

A: Honestly, I don't remember. I remember signing up to the place when it was fairly new and noticing how quickly helpers replied to people (it was a very small site back then). I decided I wanted to join in and help with this awesome place!

Q:What's your favourite tip to give to a newbie helper?

A: The one tip I have for people is not to take things personally. Quite often here you will see some posts with angry users, possible swearing or using bad language. We need to remember that these people are here because they're frustrated at the problems they're having with their game - if they are swearing or being offensive, they probably aren't meaning it intentionally! This doesn't excuse the behaviour, but we need to remember that these people deserve our help too. Standard smile

Message 17 of 19 (18,271 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Who are you? 

I am   Zorlac , I am a old school ramp SK8Boarder. 

What games do you play?

BF4,BF3,L4D2 BFHL

Google :womanlol: I had a game issue a few years back and was looking for a fix for it. 

On PC Quake2 and I made my first game server in Quake2 I had it up for 10 years. 

Back in the day Quake 2 instagib as I had my own server and skin she had blue hair and I had my name on my back SK8 and I loved my rail gun so much . Quake 4 instagib I made my own maps for my servers and to this day I still want Quake 5 made but I will never buy it if they lock FPS or do not have a browser to pick your on server. I did not put so much $$ into building PC's to have locked FPS or match making to find a server and I will never buy a game with locked FPS or match making lol. My favorite game is BF4.

Kind of the web page is still up but we shut down the radio, my husband and I did PHC Radio for six years or more. It was started by six of us as a test to see if we could pull it off it was to be a one year test.

It was funny as none of us had ever made a internet radio station but we did it sadly four of six people bailed due to the work and money it took within the first year. But my husband and I kept it going it was our expensive hobby for six years or so but it was good for the bands and we still get emails from bands asking us to play them  

I have a few...Always read the topic fully then post and never be rude to anyone. We all make mistakes the important thing is to learn from them. It is ok to ask for help on a topic as sometimes it can take a few people to fix a game issue for someone and don't care who gets the solution the only goal is get the game fixed for them. Never copy and past another persons write it as it is just rude. To help someone it is best to use your own write ups to be sure you fully understand what you are posting. 

Message 18 of 19 (18,166 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Who are you? 

My name is Szymon. I'm a 21yo Plant Biotechnology student from Łódź, Poland. In free time I'm taking photos, reading books (World War Two is my forte) and playing games. I used to be a pretty good chess player, but I became really rusty as I haven't played against anyone for about 5 years.

What games do you play?

Right now? Mostly Battlefield 4 and Dragon Age: Inquisition. I'm also playing BF3 once in a while... other than that, it's a mix of various older titles. I don't really stick to one genre, although I have a soft spot for Fallout franchise.

I don't really remember that well. I probably noticed it on Battlelog. I became involved here, because some of the members of QQ platoon that I belong to in BF4 also are the Heroes here. I like participating in various help-oriented projects, so it was kind of a natural fit.

FIFA 98 or Need for Speed II. When it comes to multiplayer my first game was Hidden & Dangerous 2.

Tough call. First two places easily go to:

• Original War - RTS with a couple of RPG elements with a really unique storyline and game mechanics. It's pretty cheap nowadays, so I recommend trying it out.
  • Hidden & Dangerous 2 - Tactical FPS/TPS about World War II with one of the most challenging shooting models you will see in a video game (ARMA has nothing on it).

From other games... the whole Fallout franchise, TES: Oblivion, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Jane's Attack Squadron, FIFA 2002. Yep, I know, weird lineup.

I have a photostream on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/szymon_olejniczak/

Quality is more important than quantity. Read the thread in detail, check AHQ and the Web for similar issues, see what is known and then make the call. Other than that, be calm.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 19 of 19 (18,126 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

all-ea-help-promo-2

Forgot your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help