How to be a Hero

by Aspera-SuPeRAaP

Original Post

Re: How to be a Hero

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@THISaint 

Solutions will only help you to get to the rank "Sentinel", other then that XP is for other ranks (but not for Hero).

Also next rank after "Marshall" is  not "Harbinger", it is "Protector" and then "Vanguard" and after that comes "Harbinger".Confusedmileywink:

"Chosen" comes after "Harbinger", if you wore wondering (but I cant say no more, about the ranking system).

P.S. On the Hero part me, andromache2013, morningtimecloud and eafrancois have pretty much answered your questions.Confusedmileywink:

Message 11 of 28 (9,871 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@XXXO77O4906 wrote:

@THISaint 

Solutions will only help you to get to the rank "Sentinel", other then that XP is for other ranks (but not for Hero).

Also next rank after "Marshall" is  not "Harbinger", it is "Protector" and then "Vanguard" and after that comes "Harbinger".Confusedmileywink:

"Chosen" comes after "Harbinger", if you wore wondering (but I cant say no more, about the ranking system).

P.S. On the Hero part me, andromache2013, morningtimecloud and eafrancois have pretty much answered your questions.Confusedmileywink:

I think you are pretty much wrong, I should have been Protector at the moment because I already have 259 XP while the guy below me has 253 XP and he is one of them. Also Vanguard - I should be getting it after I get 16 more XP. About Harbinger - I should have gotten it I believe if I had 156 XP since the guy has it while he only has 156 XP. Think this whole Answers HQ is little bit buggy, or still needs more explanation. 

Message 12 of 28 (9,858 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I will give you a hint (time in the community matters), that is all I can give. There are also few more things that matter, but we cant share it with the community (if you know the system and how it works, you can game it).Confusedmileywink:

Message 13 of 28 (9,857 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I have been a sim fan since Maxis released Sim City. I have been an active member of thesims3.com forum since TS3 was released. I am a long time computer gamer. In the past I have gone to many a forum asking and getting help from other users about games. Today I'm able to return the help I have recieved. I am a long time user of Stella's Tombraider site. I am most active here as simmers seem to be a very lively group that are very avid about their games (may be an understatement). To obtain Hero status is by invitation.

Message 14 of 28 (9,849 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey there everyone, dont worry about XP points or any of the silly names stuff like harbinger/vanguard/blah blah blah/etc!

This is not a competition or a league. Remember we're just here of our own free will trying to help some other poor sods who cant play their games, thats all!

Being consistant, helpful and friendly (or at least trying to be those things) will get you way more noticed than simply amassing points.

And besides, a simply thank you from a poster is way more satisfying than a points boost or being high in the points 'league' isn't it? Standard smile

Message 15 of 28 (9,849 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@POOHSTICK17 wrote:

Hey there everyone, dont worry about XP points or any of the silly names stuff like harbinger/vanguard/blah blah blah/etc!

This is not a competition or a league. Remember we're just here of our own free will trying to help some other poor sods who cant play their games, thats all!

Being consistant, helpful and friendly (or at least trying to be those things) will get you way more noticed than simply amassing points.

And besides, a simply thank you from a poster is way more satisfying than a points boost or being high in the points 'league' isn't it? Standard smile

Hear, hear.

Message 16 of 28 (9,817 Views)

Me personally, I am just glad to be here and help where and when I can. I think its great that there are people out in this world willing to help others just because! :manvery-happy: So, a BIG thank you to everyone for doing what you do! Keep up the great work!

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 17 of 28 (9,820 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I know all of the abilities of each rank and the basic requirements to get them roughly. But it doesn't matter and theres not much of a rush to get them. I take XP more of a thank you than caring about how much in total i have. The most thing i care about is trying to reply and help out the most. I also check back for replies and @MorningTimeCloud tagging them does help let them know if someone replied to their thread on here because it sends them an email (if you have that ability unlocked) I always check my recent posts to look for replies from others. Whenever you @tag someone they get an email like this which always gets more people to see your replies Click for image

Shorter story don't care about xp/rank/blah blah blah and try and care more about helping in posts. Trust me it will get anyone further and more success Wink

Message 18 of 28 (9,818 Views)

@MorningTimeCloud wrote:

I know all of the abilities of each rank and the basic requirements to get them roughly. But it doesn't matter and theres not much of a rush to get them. I take XP more of a thank you than caring about how much in total i have. The most thing i care about is trying to reply and help out the most. I also check back for replies and @MorningTimeCloud tagging them does help let them know if someone replied to their thread on here because it sends them an email (if you have that ability unlocked) I always check my recent posts to look for replies from others. Whenever you @tag someone they get an email like this which always gets more people to see your replies Click for image

Shorter story don't care about xp/rank/blah blah blah and try and care more about helping in posts. Trust me it will get anyone further and more success Wink

@Well said! I don't have the @BurghBaby unlocked, so I just check as often as I can. 

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 19 of 28 (9,819 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I think i unlocked it at the vanguard rank, Cant remember exactly but i think that is the rank you can tag people. You can tell if you have it when you see this 

Message 20 of 28 (9,817 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

all-ea-help-promo-2

Forgot your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help