Re: Meet the Heroes

by POOHSTICK17

Original Post

Meet the Heroes

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey guys,

If you've come to the Academy, chances are high that you've met some of our Heroes along the way. Some of them have been on AHQ since the very beginning. This is their special place to tell you a little more about themselves! Standard smile

To learn more about our Hero program, see the Hero Program FAQ.

Jump directly to a Hero's introduction by clicking on the link below:

crinrict

Andromache2013

- indys2nd

- ragnarok013

- MorningTimeCloud

- THISaint

- ThandalNLyman

- BurghBaby

Apollo_v7

henalexandre

LiBever

WorldWideNuke

Zorlacc

spitfiresiemion

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 1 of 19 (48,020 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hello, to all! 

Q:What games do you play?

A:As a gamer myself, I play many games. My top ones, at the moment, are Battlefield 4 and Titanfall. Still that does not mean I wont play Need For Speed Rivals or Crysis 3 ones in while, or many of the games I have.:smileyvery-happy:

Q:What was your first game?

A:My first game on Origin was Crysis 1, one of the best game ever made (my personal view, fow now). Played it for a long time, even before Origin came out. It was a great game, its MP based on pure teamwork and much more.

Q:What was your favorite game?

A:My favorite game (or franchise) I must say again for now is the Crysis franchise. That was just a really, really good franchise and for now my best, after it goes the Battlefield series and so on...

Q:How did you hear about Answer HQ?

A:Before I came to Answer HQ, I was mostly on battlelog. From battlelog I learned about Answer HQ. When I first came here, I was just impressed on how good this community is and how much more it is mature then the battlelog community.:smileylol: 

I started to help, share my knowledge and solve many of your problems. I climbed the ranks, improved my helping skills and after months of hard work, finally joined the Answer HQ Hero team.

Q:Do you have a personal project or website?

A:At the moment no, I dont plan on creating any website (any help you need, you can get it right here in Answer HQ). For now, I dont really have any personal project, but I may do in the future. My helping time is all now concentrated on Answer HQ.

Q:What's your favorite tip to give to a newbie helper?

A: Only tip I can give to you (if you what to be a Hero), is be helpful, kind, understanding and knowledgeable. If you ever need more tips or advice about helping or a game, feel free to PM me at my profile here.

That is pretty much the basic of me.:smileyvery-happy:

You can also check this thread, where some of as have posted on why we help.

Do you think, you have what it takes to be among as? Go over here to find out more about Answer HQ Hero Program, in the Hero Program FAQ.

Message 2 of 19 (47,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Who are you? 

I'm a mostly stay-at-home mom, living in the German-speaking part of Switzerland. I also work part time in database develeopment. 

What games do you play?

Mostly adventure games (Hidden Object based nowadays), Sims 3 and 4.

How did you hear about Answer HQ?

After helping for many years at the official site of the Sims 3 game, EA sent me an invitation to check out AnswerHQ before it went live. Been here every since.

What was your first game?

First game I ever played was Pong, many many years ago on a console my father had. After that it was mostly adventure games. Good times.

What was your favorite game?

That's a tough question to answer but I think my all-time favorite is still Sierra's Gold Rush and LucasArts Grim Fandango.

Do you have a personal project or website?

I have a Sims 3 Help Blog, availble in German and English where you can find instructions to the most common Sims 3 issues. The Sims 4 blogs are now also live: German and English.

What's your favorite tip to give to a newbie helper?

I have many tips for newbie helpers which can be found in this post: The Golden Rules of Helping but my favorite one is to always be courteous to others. Step away from a thread that makes you wanna give a rude answer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 19 (47,693 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hey guys

Q: Who am I?

A: I'm Andro

Q: What games do you play?

A: I'm a Sims hero (Sims 3 - can't stand Sims 4), but I have become very involved with BF4 and BF3. 

Q: How did you hear about Answer HQ?

A: I'm actually not so sure how I landed up here, to be honest. I was having a huge issue and I kind of just landed up here looking for an answer.

Q: What was your first game?

A: Probably Sims 1 but I might have just watched my brother play that. Other than that, Need For Speed Underground 2.

Q: What was your favorite game?

A: I'm torn between Assassin's Creed 2 and NFS Underground 2. I'll add Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to that too actually.

Q: What's your favorite tip to give to a newbie helper?

A: I always feel like I'm still a newbie as there's so much I still need to learn, but it's always important to be patient and read carefully. 

Message 4 of 19 (47,679 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

A: Battlefield 4.

A: My first game was, like most babies, 'peek-a-boo'.
Speaking purely of 'video' games though:
'Pong' was the first video game I ever played, at an older friends house.
'Solaris' was the first game I ever owned (on Atari 2600). A truly awful game indeed!

A: The Battlefield games are the best I've ever played: Bad Company 2, BF 3 and now BF 4.
I also loved the original Medal of Honor (Playstation 1), the original Resident Evil (PS1), the original Tomb Raider (PS1), the original Fifa (Sega Megadrive) and International Superstar Soccer Pro (PS1).

A: It was during a very vivid dream on a cold, blustery night when a voice whispered "join Answers HQ" gently in my ear.......no, actually I stumbled upon the place when I was looking for help when trying to launch the Beta version of Battlefield 4. 
Got hooked and never left the place.

A: Give priority to posts that have no responses yet - those people are the ones that generally need help the most. 

Message 5 of 19 (47,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Updated 2 Nov 2015

Who are you?

I'm here as a gamer, so let's stick to that aspect of my personality. I grew up as a console/PC gamer. I own a GameBoy, Super Nintendo, N64, Playstation, PS2 and a Wii (Edit: and now a Wii U as well). I only had entry level PCs, so I couldn't play anything more demanding than Age of Empires II or Enemy Territory on PC. I transitioned further into PC gaming when I discovered gameplay footage of Mass Effect. I decided PC would be better than an Xbox 360 because I wanted customizability. I don't own any current-gen console, so I am now a full PC gamer. Aside from Mario Kart 8 and some other Nintendo titles, I no longer play on consoles.

What games do you play?

I'm a fan of the platforming, strategy and RPG genres. I like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, The Witcher, Civilization V, and Super Mario Bros., among others.

I posted on the tech support forums of the BioWare website (along with Answers HQ user Gorath_the_elder). Those forums were closed down in favor of Answer HQ.

I started playing games on the GameBoy. The first games I played were Tetris, Alleyway (a Breakout clone), Super Mario Land, etc. My first game on a home console was Donkey Kong Country. My first PC games that weren't edutainment, were the LucasArts classics Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Full Throttle. I played these games at age 7 and that's how I learned English.

What was your favorite game?

My favorite games are:

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC)

2. Super Mario World (SNES)

3. Mass Effect 1 & 2 (PC)

And runnerups in no particular order:

Team Fortress 2 (PC)
Portal 2 (PC)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
The Secret of Monkey Island (Special Edition) (PC)
LeChuck's Revenge: Monkey Island  2 (Special Edition) (PC)

Final Fantasy VI (SNES)

Do you have a personal project or website?

I make small games as a hobby, which I make in GameMaker Studio.

Help the people who are worth helping. Ignore toxic users.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 19 (47,607 Views)

Re: Meet The Heroes

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

What games do you play?

I play all kinds of games from city builder games, ones that are puzzles, and plenty of action games.

I first found out about Answer Headquarters in the summer of 2013 while I was on another EA forum. It was also during that time that I had my first question about a game that I had downloaded to my tablet. I liked the fact that Answer Headquarters was somewhere you could go when you had an issue and an alternate way (and sometimes quicker) to get help and get back to your game. The game that brought me to this forum is Tapped Out. While I was at AHQ, I found that that I could actually be of assistance to fellow gamers. 

At risk of aging myself, it was Pong and Donkey Kong. Games have come a long way!

What is your favorite game?

Currently, it's Tapped Out, or at least the one I play a consistently at the moment.

Some tips I could offer people interested in helping (or becoming a Hero) are to be kind and courteous to others. Familiarize yourself with the different EA boards. When someone is stuck at a particular point in their game, or is having difficulty with resolving an issue, be clear in your directions and when possible, try to follow up if they need more assistance. I continue to volunteer at Answer Headquarters because I enjoy helping people. I enjoy moderating the forum to insure that people that need support, not only get the help they need, but have a great place they come to when they need it.

Message 7 of 19 (47,546 Views)

[ Edited ]

I play a lot of Battlefield but also love RPGs like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and the Elder Scrolls.  Currenlty I'm Playing SWTOR, Battlefield, Diablo III, and the Elder Scrolls Online.  

Combat on the Bally Game Center way back when dinosaurs walked the earth.

Quake II is probably my all time favorite game followed by the battlefield Franchise (BF2 for classic Battlefield titles and BF3 for modern Battlefield titles).  The original Quake was my first ever online FPS.

I saw the announcement posted on battlelog way back when it opened and decided I'd check it out.  I've been giving advice ever since!

Q: Do you have a personal project or website?

UPDATE:  I am listed on the Friday Night Battlefield site here: https://www.fridaynightbattlefield.com/ and on Twitter https://twitter.com/Ragnarok013 but no personal project websites related to gaming.

My advice for a new helper is to read the original post carefully and try to answer what he\she is really asking.  Often times posters are not very clear on what they wish to convey but by careful reading and follow up questions we can often determine what is really the source of the poster's problems and provide them a solution that does not require the poster to contact a game advisor.  As difficult as it may be at times if we remain patient, polite, and helpful and we can often solve the poster's issue here or on Battlelog even if it means posting several times to get additional information.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 8 of 19 (47,501 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

What games do you play?

Lot's of different games.

That one is too far back to remember. I think it included a Toshiba HX-10 MSX and a tape recorder.

What is your favorite game?
To hard to tell. Each game I like has it's own thing to it.

I was browsing for a problem regarding Medal of Honor Warfighter and through some links landed on AHQ. After that I tried to give help on

Warfighter as much as I could which later expanded to other games.

Be yourself.

Message 9 of 19 (47,490 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Removed - No longer active on this site.

Message 10 of 19 (47,231 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

all-ea-help-promo-2

Forgot your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help