my friend can't join my lobby

by 1MaZ2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my friend can't join my lobby

★★★★ Novice

So I just bought A way out and invited my friend to my lobby with the free pass, but he can't join. he's just stuck in the loading screen and sometimes it crashes with the code "fatal error". we're both on pc and very frustrated.

Message 1 of 22 (51,799 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my friend can't join my lobby

Community Manager

Hey all, a couple of things that you can try if experiencing this issue.

You may run into an issue if you or your friend is playing on IPv4 and the other is on IPV6, and vice versa. 

If on Xbox please ensure that you both have Xbox Live and you have your account set to Adult Default. Also, please ensure that you are playing on your home console. 

If you are playing on PS4 then please check that you have PS+.

If on PC can you ensure that you are allowing the game to access the internet, you can try disabling your anti-virus and firewall to test. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 22 (53,297 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

im on xbox and having the same issues.....except my friend and i both own the game and we dont get a message of any sort it just sits at the loading screen after the authenticating when joining my friend or even him trying to join me

Message 2 of 22 (51,724 Views)

Spinning freakin yellow circle

★★★★★ Newbie
Can’t play game. Won’t let friend join on free pass or after purchasing game. Unacceptable
Message 3 of 22 (51,261 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Also on xbox, and we also both purchased the game. We've got the exact same thing your describing, endless loading circles no matter which person we join. Still hoping it's just server issues that will be fixed soon as this game looks awesome.
Message 4 of 22 (51,561 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same problem
Message 5 of 22 (51,508 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue on Xbox One X.

It just spins at the yellow circle. 

Message 6 of 22 (51,416 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same * stain problem and im about to de install this garbage patch it
Message 7 of 22 (51,387 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, a couple of things that you can try if experiencing this issue.

You may run into an issue if you or your friend is playing on IPv4 and the other is on IPV6, and vice versa. 

If on Xbox please ensure that you both have Xbox Live and you have your account set to Adult Default. Also, please ensure that you are playing on your home console. 

If you are playing on PS4 then please check that you have PS+.

If on PC can you ensure that you are allowing the game to access the internet, you can try disabling your anti-virus and firewall to test. 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 22 (53,298 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

How you can choose of using IPV6 or IPV4?  I dont see that option... on my xbox  I have the same problem that my friend cant join me

Message 9 of 22 (51,038 Views)

★★★ Newbie

These are all BS fixes! I'm on Xbox and I shouldn't have to be on my home Xbox, as long as I'm signed into my account I should be able to play any game I own... Oh wait I can except for this game typical EA just doesn't care for the gamer only their pockets. If this is not fixed by mid next week I will get a refund as I've had A Way Out since launch and I haven't even had 30 sec of gameplay!😡 THIS IS BAD BUISNESS👎👎

Message 10 of 22 (50,914 Views)