Re: Xbox One - Unable to connect to friends lobby

by hinchy87

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
Did y'all reset console after what I said? and the game wasn't really good.
Message 41 of 96 (2,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue

My partner (Xbox One) and myself (Xbox One X) both own copies of the game. We have completed all of the troubleshooting options suggested but still face the never ending spinning circle of doom - as my wife calls it. 

We have both uninstalled and reinstalled the game (she three times and myself twice). She cleared her MAC - I haven't, as of yet. I will be clearing my MAC once I get home and trying again. Hopefully we will all be playing this game soon. I really want it to be a success so other developers consider the free friend pass idea. 

Cheers,

Message 42 of 96 (2,250 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Me and my friend have both tried uninstalling the game, then doing the mac reset, and then re-installing the game but have had no luck joining one another yet.

Just for clarification were both on Xbox One X and we have both purchased the game. We are both on Open NAT, I myself am on IPv4 & IPv6 and my friend is on IPv4.

I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm if it is because we both own the game and the free 'friend pass' is the only viable way to play online like has been mentioned above?

I really am looking forward to playing this game, and do think it's a shame something so unique is having this kind of problem. Some clarification on what this problem may be and how we might be able to fix it would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Message 43 of 96 (2,236 Views)

★★ Novice

I can confirm that two of my friends that have unique game purchases have been able to play together. 

Message 44 of 96 (2,168 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I’m doing a damn refund tomorrow! This is just so stupid the entire damn weekend and I still can not play this game. Well cool for the people who did get to enjoy the game but I’m not sitting around waiting anymore REFUND TOMORROW! I’m calling Xbox and doing it I’m done waiting seriously this is * *! I’d rather spend 30 dollars on another game!
Message 45 of 96 (2,151 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Can you give any indication how your two friends who purchased the game were able to play? Thanks.
Message 46 of 96 (2,126 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same thing here. EA support told me I needed a wired internet connection. But multiple friends have been able to connect and play with eachother without one.
Message 47 of 96 (2,116 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been on the loading screen for quite a time trying to get the game fixed and most likely have done so for over 2 hours, the refund policy is you must have played less than 2 hours, do you think Microsoft will still let me refund?

Message 48 of 96 (2,107 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
In this instance you should still be able to get a refund if your completely unable to play the game. Personally I'm going to wait a while and hope this can be fixed with a patch.
Message 49 of 96 (2,101 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Can you give a more meaningful update on when you expect this to be fixed please have owned this since release and not been able to play it once yet.

Also advise ho you expect EA to compensate effected users
Message 50 of 96 (2,045 Views)