by BluffDemon154

Original Post

Still cant load into friends game who has also purchased the game

★★★ Apprentice

Product: A Way Out
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which mode has this happened in? Online Co-Op
Which character were you controlling? Vincent
Summarize your bug After nearly a week of trying MAC resets, checking on port forwarding and re-installing the game I'm still unable to play with my friend who also purchased the game. We are both on Open NAT, we both also own full xbox gold subscriptions and are signed into our home xbox. So I've checked all possible solutions and troubleshooting for this problem. I've also tried other online games to rule out Internet problems and everything I have tried has worked perfectly, far cry 5, PUBG, Battlefield 1 and GTA V all work fine and connect with the same friend I'm trying to play this with on A Way Out.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply try and join someone who also owns the game, it's widely reported for people who both own a copy and also for people trying the friend pass.
What happens when the bug occurs? An endless loading icon on the screen and nothing else, if left it will continue, I gave up waiting after 20 mins.
What do you expect to see? To be able to join a friend when we have both purchased the game when my Internet is working perfectly and there's no other reason for the fault. I'd also really appreciate some clarification on if this is because of the friend pass feature or just an unknown bug.

Like I've mentioned on quite a few posts on this forum now, I'd just appreciate some clarification from someone who knows what's actually going on and why after nearly a week so many people are unable to play a game we have paid for. I'm still really looking forward to playing this game and am trying not to let this change my opinion of it before I've even had the chance to play. Thank you for your time.
Message 1 of 7 (3,016 Views)

Re: Still cant load into friends game who has also purchased the game

★★★★★ Novice
Same problem, tired of the lack of answers EA is giving us, spent $40 to look at a game in my Xbox not play.. doesn't make sense
Message 2 of 7 (2,973 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Is there any news at all on progress towards finding a fix for this? Is it even a bug or was it an intended feature that wasn't advertised? Please could even just one of these questions be answered.

I'm going to try and link in the EA community that has posted on the forum so far in the hope of getting at least some sort of official response as to what's going on. I've seen @EA_Roulbox and @EA_Darko respond to a few of these posts now, so would it be possible for you guys to give us even a small update?

I've tried my best to be polite and patient here as I understand it's not the people's fault on this forum the game isn't working. But this has definitely been not working for long enough and I think the fans deserve at least some kind of answer.

Once again thank you for your time.
Message 3 of 7 (2,942 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko Hi, has there been any update on this issue or any progress made towards finding out why we can't join? I've tried again a few times and still had no luck joining my friend, or him joining me.

Thank you for your time.
Message 4 of 7 (2,854 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko after having a good look around on these forums, and also trying to get in contact with the developer directly through their discord I've found a couple things out.

It seems most people believe this issue stems from users who are on IPv4&IPv6 trying to connect to users who are only on IPv4. Which is unfortunate as I can't turn off IPv6 on my router and don't have an old one to test if that would work. Once again leaving me with no option but to wait for a patch.

I plan to try joining another friend who doesn't own the game to test this theory, but unfortunately I've not been well so it'll have to wait.

Like I mentioned I tried getting in contact with Hazelight to see of they had any suggestions but they directed me right back to EA or suggested getting in contact with Microsoft.

So to anyone with any knowledge of what's going on and being done about this issue. Please, is there a patch being worked on?

Thank you, again, for your time.
Message 5 of 7 (2,800 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Is it away to fix the problem yet
Message 6 of 7 (2,542 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Still having the problem today
Message 7 of 7 (2,443 Views)