SOLUTION for Game not connecting on Xbox!: ..and your not going to like it.

by Sketchyson

Original Post

SOLUTION for Game not connecting on Xbox!: ..and your not going to like it.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey all, After days of trying to connect with my friend/ multiple people with no luck, I have FINALLY found a solution to the never ending connecting screen on Xbox one.

... (However many of you might not like this) 

I tried ALL of the suggestions posted by the EA techs, but only 1 evaded me which was the "Ensure your Ipv4/Ipv6 connections were lined up

So after checking: I saw that my wifi was connected to my xbox via Ipv4 + Ipv6. 

-> Were as my friend, who never had issues connecting, was connected on just Ipv4! 

After disabling Ipv6 and ensuring my xbox was only connected with Ipv4, (just like my friend's connection on his side) : We connected immediately!!!

*You'll need to check how to disable Ipv6 on your router in the settings for that to work. In my case: My Isp's provided modem had Ipv6 on by default and no way to shut it off!  Frown 
->So to fix this I put it into bridge mode and connected an older modem that only broadcasts an Ipv4 connection. 

Please bump this if this works for you because the mods really need to see this and know that the issue for connectivity lies in Ipv4/Ipv6 communication.

Message 1 of 1 (126 Views)