PlayStation Plus account issue

by JediJon79

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PlayStation Plus account issue

★★★★★ Newbie

Friend and I have Japanese PS+ accounts. I bought the digital version of A Way Out from the UK online store. Sent the co-op invitation to him but when he tried to download it, it said that a UK Playstation Plus account is required to obtain it. Does that mean that it's impossible to play this game outside of the English-speaking world? Do two people have to be on the same continent with US or UK PlayStation+accounts? Absolutely unacceptable.

Message 1 of 4 (414 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PlayStation Plus account issue

Community Manager

@JediJon79 Any online PS4 game such as this requires an active PSN subscription on the account, this is not something that we have any control over as Sony control the online aspects of their system.

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (319 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@JediJon79 Did you buy the game on a UK account but are playing on a Japanese account? If so then this can cause problems as in order to play with a friend you would need to be playing on the account that is set as home console.

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (400 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought the game from the UK PlayStation store but I don't have a UK PlayStation Plus account. The problem seems to be that the friend needs a Plus account in order to play the "FREE TRIAL" game. This was not mentioned anywhere by EA or Sony and was only apparent AFTER I'd bought the game. My next concern is that the game is only playable if both players have Plus accounts, even if they both own the game. Do you know if this is true because it's not mentioned anywhere online.

Message 3 of 4 (338 Views)

Community Manager

@JediJon79 Any online PS4 game such as this requires an active PSN subscription on the account, this is not something that we have any control over as Sony control the online aspects of their system.

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (320 Views)