Re: Origin crashes upon trying to load online play

by PigmonkeY

Original Post

Origin crashes upon trying to load online play

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys,

So, I have the strangest problem with the game. And I've been trying everything - including turning off my antivirus, or background software that's been running, or messing around with the settings - but nothing, and I mean nothing, seems to work.

I bought the game a few days back, and this is my first time trying it - and what better way to try it out, than with a friend?

I logged into the game, everything seems to be working just fine, but as soon as I click on the online option, and the game finishes it's loading period, origin crashes! The game keeps on running, though, although it's uselss, since I can't log into the online servers - and all of the online options seem locked, except for the option to turn back to the main menu.

Has anyone encountered this? or anything similiar? could you please help me?

Message 1 of 4 (1,114 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Kobes89

I'm sorry to hear about your issue Frown

Does Origin show any error message before shutting down? Also, do you have any other games on Origin, which causes it to close down like that?

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (1,059 Views)

★★ Novice

Can confirm, Have the same exact issue.   I've done the following - 

Reinstall A Way Out

Cleanly uninstall Origin and reinstall it and a way out
reinstall my entire operating system.

The game only worked once, for just long enough for me to pass the return period.  Origin doesn't produce any kind of error, it just gives me the "origin has crashed" screen and allows me to file a bug report (that I guarantee goes directly to the trash bin).

Message 3 of 4 (873 Views)

★★ Novice

From the looks of this forum, looks like issues with games/origin also go directly to the trash bin.  

Message 4 of 4 (827 Views)