Re: Origin Crashing Upon Going Online

by EA_David

Original Post

Origin Crashing Upon Going Online

★ Novice

I believe this is more of a launcher issue than a game issue. When I attempt to play A Way Out with my friend, the Origin launcher crashes; thus, putting me offline form EA servers. It crashes instantly when I receive an invite from the game also the origin launcher crashes when i attempt to invite. Origin tends to have the same issue with Star Wars Battlefront, but not Madden 19. I updated my graphics driver, reinstalled both Origin and A Way Out. I attempted as administrator also used compatibility mode. I've also turned off antivirus while launching and downloading to see if that was the issue. Please help, any suggestions!?

Edit: I've determined Origin Launcher crashes as soon as i hit the online button and when it finishes authenticating and creating session, plus being invited.

Message 1 of 2 (1,221 Views)

Re: Origin Crashing Upon Going Online

Community Manager

@Toslowguard Thank you for the detailed post, I think you're correct that this is more of an Origin issue than a game-specific one. 

Can you try clearing Origin's local cache (this persists through a reinstall) and see if that has an impact?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (1,200 Views)