April 2018 - last edited April 2018
@Y93YxMARIOxY93Y For a permanent solution to your problem check my advised solution below :
Hiya. Not even the 38% thing worked. I had another chat with the EA support team and it pretty much went like this:
- Me: Can you follow up on that Unreal Engine bug I reported a while ago? It's what makes the game crash/not run for me and potentially many other users.
- EA Support: We are not responsible for bluescreens. This is caused by the Windows OS. Contact a PC specialist.
- Me: Wait, what? I am reporting a bug with the Unreal Engine, this is not a bluescreen.
- EA Support: I'm sorry, but we can't help you with OS bluescreens.
- Me: IT'S NOT A BLUESCREEN. Right, ran you at least forward this to a developer from Hazelight?
- EA Support: Can we help you with anything else? If not, have a nice day.
- Me: ......
It's refund time.
Did you tried the DPI scaling?
@Holger1405Yes. Set to 100%. Didn't work. What's really sad: I dusted off my PS4 Pro last night as my friend was over and bought it there (again), as messing with PC and EA seemed to be going nowhere. Let's see if I can get a refund; the game isn't listed as a refundable game in my account (probably because I bought it 2 weeks ago).
Should've done that from the beginning, but how was I supposed to know - I just wanted the "best" possible experience, and that's usually on PC.
Ok guys i had the same problem. The Play button would go inactive but the game wouldnt start and it just went back to active again. I noticed that original client said that there was a new version and i clicked to update it and thought that it did but it did not and the game wasnt starting. I just manually downloaded latest version and installed it and it worked for me.
That worked for me, kinda.
I tried everything I could find and was about to reinstall windows.
Even Installed free trial version from another account. It launched but with poor resolution. Reset to "default settings" didnt help, cause it already was "default". When I set "windowed fullscreeen" everything became ok. And the regular version FINALLY launched.