My game won't work?

by Megamom78

Original Post

Re: My game won't work?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I posted but i think it got deleted somehow. Iv updated all my drivers i believe. Heres my current dxdiag. It booted up once to this log in screen that is in pic im providing in safe boot without networking but wont boot to log in screen in safe mode with networking. I have yet to pass the log in screen in safe boot obviously because i dont have internet to login. in normal boot mode i dont get any process on the game. origin is up to date. in safe mode without networking i get a process for it. In normal mode i hit the play game button in origin and it minimizes origin and reopens it after a few seconds as if it was going to open game but couldnt.

edit: Problem fixed after redownloading origin

Message 91 of 110 (3,787 Views)

★★★★ Novice

game still dont start, paid 30 bucks for nothing.. hope someone finds a solution, here my dxdiag log

Message 92 of 110 (3,805 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Spirit0147

There are Origin errors in your DXDiag.

• Uninstall Origin after this guide.
  • Reboot
  • Install this version of Origin. (Run the "OriginSetup.exe" as Administrator.
  • reboot
  • Test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 93 of 110 (3,698 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got my game working, I reinstalled Origin Launcher and included the Beta Option. 

Message 94 of 110 (3,685 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same for me, game don't start. No screen, nothing. This is my DxDiag. Best regards.

Message 95 of 110 (3,623 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here. Although in contrast to everyone else here I'm getting a "Fatal Error!" upon startup. There is no error code or 

anything to go by. I have also tried all the usual troubleshooting steps multiple times:
- Installed/uninstalled Origin
- Tried Beta
- Tried older/latest GPU drivers
- Turned off SLI
- Reverted any overclock settings to default
- Unplugged all non-essential peripherals and 2nd monitor
- Updated to the RTM build of Windows 10 Spring Creators Update
- Flushed DNS etc.
- Tried the trial
- Deleted Origin using the methods described here.
- Switched the config file to 1680x1050 (Windows)
- ...need I go on? Wink
It works flawlessly on my 2016 MacBook Pro (Radeon 460) running BootCamp, so I even copy & pasted ALL files (%appdata% files, config files, game files...) to my gaming PC in the living room. Nada. All I get is this "Fatal Crash". I do see the intro video before it crashes, though. And no, I'm not playing it on a Laptop with mediocre graphics when I have a 4K gaming rig connected to a big screen Wink 

Running a Core i7 5280k, 16 GB RAM, 2x Titan XP in SLI watercooled, hooked up to an 4K projector (even tried a regular monitor, of course that didn't work either).
I find it really frustrating: I had a friend over with whom I wanted to play this game and she's not a big gamer and we had limited time. I teased this game all week and then the big moment comes and all I had to say was "Oh sorry, gimme a minute...", which turned into 30 min of troubleshooting and then giving up. That's really not the best first impression to this title. I wish someone from the dev team would look at this.
Message 96 of 110 (3,530 Views)

Community Manager

@SandroVillinger As it is working on your other device this certainly points to a device issue and not an issue with the game. 

Can you please post your DXDiag in English?

Darko.png
Message 97 of 110 (3,523 Views)

@EA_Darko

I can read it. Wink

If you need anything in particular translated let me know.

@SandroVillinger

First, this is a player help player forum, I am sure Darko will forward your DxDiag, but you will not see a developer commenting on it here.

Second, that is the newest Windows fast ring build you use there, this is not the best prerequisite if you expect a stable system.

There are several BlueSreen errors in connection with memory addressing errors, did you fix this error?

There are also several "CtHdaSvc.exe" errors.  (Creative High Definition Audio Service) Try the game with all audio devices disabled. (Not just disconnected)

If that don't works, preform a clean boot and test the Game afterwards.

When you tested with the monitor, did you also set your DPI scaling to 100%?

Wenn du das lieber in Deutsch besprechen willst, lass es mich wissen.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 98 of 110 (3,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie
try making it windowized,
Message 99 of 110 (3,500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sorry guys, @EA_Darko and @Holger1405 - will switch my OS lang to ENG and resend (probably tomorrow). Thanks for the initial 

replies.Great support guys! To respond to your questions:

1. I saw the crashes with the audio device (it's the built-in soundchip, which I'm not using), but disabled that again and still no luck. I had a feeling it might be caused by my multiple audio devices connected/enabled as one of the config files mentions "Headphones" as the default audio device. I then turned off ALL audio devices (NVIDIA HD Audio, Oculus Rift Audio) to no avail; it's not a sound issue then.

2. Microsoft signed off the latest Fast Ring build as "RTM" a few days ago. The game didn't work on the latest stable RTM of Fall Creators Update, so I thought that switching to the new release might do something. Didn't.

3. I haven't tried the DPI 100%, good idea, but I've also got my DPI set to 200% on my MacBook 2016 and it's not causing any issue there ;( But I'll try tomorrow and let you know.

4. To respond to the last question: I did try windowed mode (see my post) and that didn't work.
By the way, in parallel I opened a support ticket yesterday and finally found someone knowledgeable to chat with. The support agent told me that in fact the developers have seen similar crashes on this forum (meaning they ARE looking at it luckily; at least occasionally) but can't really pinpoint it to one cause. He said the likeliest cause is this: https://unreal-engine-issues.herokuapp.com/issue/UE-51650 - a bug in Unreal Engine which might be what's happening to a lot of people here. The original ticket mentions a few GPUs that are affected, mine (Titan Xp) wasn't listed.
There are five workarounds mentioned in this UE ticket:
- Disabling Real-Time Thumbnails
- Running the engine with -dx12
- Running the engine with -opengl4
- Using Forward Rendering
- Setting GRHINeedsExtraDeletionLatency=1 for DX11 https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/feedback-for-epic/101964-to-developers-ue-4-14-crashes...
)

But again, that was his and his teams GUESS, so they don't know. I tried the dx12 and opengl4 switch (no result; although opengl4 spits out a shader error).
My gut feeling: it's an UE bug, but given that there is no error code or anything, it's a bit of a stab in the dark.
Message 100 of 110 (3,464 Views)