Re: My game won't work?

by mcsupersport

Original Post

What antivirus are you all running??  I am wondering if it is an issue with AV of a specific make or is it varied....

I did see an earlier poster posting an issue with a dll that was known to be removed by McAfee and listed ways to get around it was to repair the game or download a replacement file, WHILE McAfee was disabled, make sure the game files were all on ignored list and or keep McAfee disabled while playing the game. 

This along with the semi-recent issues AVG/Avast seems to have with Frostbite games leads me to ask about the AV people having issues are running.  I know the game works on my system, and my sons system, both AMD processor and GPU systems, and both of us are running AVG. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 61 of 110 (2,775 Views)

@ButtSecs69

Do you honestly expect the design team to be able to see there is an issue, figure out if it is one or several different ones, fix those issues, quality test the fix to make sure it doesn't break more than it fixes and do this in less than a DAY??  If that is what you really expect, then you will be doomed to disappointment on most games you ever buy for PC and probably future consoles(since they are getting more PC like every generation).  As far as never buying a game that didn't work on day one, well, that just proves you probably haven't bought a huge number of games on day one or you are lucky as heck, as that isn't that uncommon for larger games.  I can think of several in my gaming time on PCs that I had to put down for a while and wait for patches to make it playable.  I even remember one that took 3 patches over a month and a half to get it working.....and this was during a time when once you bought a game and opened it, stores didn't take returns.  Give the devs some time before you blast them as totally incompetent, or not caring as I seriously doubt they are sitting around drinking beer and laughing at the poor players duped by their "bad" game. 

As a note to all, I have seen one issue with sound drivers, one systemic UnReal engine problem, and one likely caused by Anti-virus on this board today....that means I have seen 3 different issue that the devs are going to have to deal with and figure out which is their problem and which is simply stuff the players are going to have to fix on their own machines.  Give the devs a break and a bit of time to work....call them bad after a month and no response and I will not say a peep...but not 24 hours.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 62 of 110 (2,767 Views)

★★★ Novice
@mcsupersport

You should read before saying anything. I dont expect a fix, I expect them to address the issue, let people that spent their money know vaguely whats going on to fix their product that doesnt work as advertised. A simple hey we know the game is broken for some people, were working on it. But nope, silence.
Message 63 of 110 (2,759 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ButtSecs69

EVERY game that has been released in the last 20+ years of PC gaming that I have seen or played has had day one issues.  Unless the Dev team has gone out of business, then they are indeed working on fixing stuff.  There are SO many different computers and internet configs to cause issues, it is impossible to get it 100% right especially with the thousands of lines of code they are dealing with.  So no I don't expect them to come out and say to me what is obvious....but then again, my game is working fine, so it may be a different story if it was broken...or maybe I am just a bit old and don't care enough about day one stuff, cause I have plenty of games on my HD to play. 

And as I stated in my previous post, I have seen 3 different issues, 2 caused by things outside the Devs control, and one that may be outside their control as it is a base Unreal issue...we will have to wait and see on that one.  I am sure they are aware of many more issues, but the problem with the game isn't a simple one size fits all repair, and what they fix may not even fix your issue, simply due to the complexity of games.  Would it make people feel better if on day one they came out and said we are working on patching it...probably, but I simply take it as standard procedure to be working on a patch and they don't have to say anything this early.  Now if the game was 100% broken for 99% of the people, maybe that would change, but so far this seems to be a fairly small amount of people having issues.....

http://hazelight.se/contact/

IF you wish to talk to the devs that is their contact page from A Way Out website...

Personal opinion...take a deep breath and give them a chance to work, it will all work out sooner or later....just don't bash them too hard so they run away like Bioware did in ME Andromeda...lol

Message 64 of 110 (2,755 Views)

For anyone wanting help getting the game running,

PLEASE post:

Platform you are on...

IF PC please post DxDiag, Anti-virus used, and any error messages seen at the time of the issue.,

Please also post EXACTLY what is happening....ie please don't say my game doesn't work....please say for example, I click on the start icon in Origin, and the button goes grey and then back to orange...or the game starts up, screen goes black and crashes back to desktop....details can help.

Basic trouble shooting...

Run as administrator, temporarily disable anti-virus and repair game files and recheck game, disable all overlays...that means discord, teamspeak, Origin, MSI, AMD, Nvidia, Razor, and Fraps just to name a few....update all video and sound drivers, disable all unused sound devices, clean boot the system...repair the game and retest...,

IF on console, power cycle the system, verify integrity of the game, and power cycle internet modem..

Also please remember this is a player to player help forum, and while the Devs may be looking here, most people here are fellow gamers trying to help...

Message 65 of 110 (2,745 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I am able to start "friend pass" but not the full version. This doesn't make sense at all...
Message 66 of 110 (2,718 Views)

★★ Novice

Exactly the same for me - I could start it up yesterday, today I can't. Tried everything in this thread and other solutions given, no luck Frown

Message 67 of 110 (2,681 Views)

Re: Game doesn't launch at all

★★ Novice
Same for me! Worked fine yesterday, today I see I'm not the only one who can't launch the game #FeelsBadMan
Message 68 of 110 (2,679 Views)

Re: Game doesn't launch at all

@All

An other way to get in contact. https://discord.gg/kNBXASd

Thanks @ThandalNLyman .

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 69 of 110 (2,667 Views)

★★★ Novice

HEEEEEEELP FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

Message 70 of 110 (2,655 Views)