LowLevelFatalError (UE4-Haze1) Crashing

by xSEOx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

LowLevelFatalError (UE4-Haze1) Crashing

★★★ Novice

I am playing Vincent.  My wife is playing Leo.  We get to the construction site where we are chasing the Foreman.  When I begin to lower the crane the game freezes for my wife playing Leo.  Eventually the "LowLevelFatalError" is displayed.

My wife is playing on an i5 and Nvidia 660TI.  We have ensured the most recent drivers are installed. We have uninstalled all video card drivers and reinstalled them.  We have uninstalled Origin Launcher and reinstalled (with and without "beta" selected.  

We have tried the game in Fullscreen, Windowed, Window Borderless.  Everytime the same issue at the same spot in the game. 

Please help us. I am deployed to Kosovo and trying to play this game with my wife in the states. 

Message 1 of 14 (77,882 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: LowLevelFatalError (UE4-Haze1) Crashing

★★★ Novice

So i took 1 week off and revisited it today.  Got it fixed for me!

I did the following:

1) I went to https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ and downloaded DDU v17.0.8.4

- Install the software

- Reboot into safe mode

- Run software and let it do its thing

- Reboot once its done

2) Re-Downloaded Nvidia Latest drivers (not autodetect). Installed using "Express" option

3) "Disable real time thumbnails"

- Here is the guide: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-taskbar-thumbnail-preview-windows-10 

4) Go to Control Panel --> System --> Advanced System Settings.  On the "Visual Effects" tab I selected "Adjust for best performance"

5) Ensured desktop scaling (DPI) within windows was at 100% (not 125%, 150%).

I rebooted and was able finish the entire game in Fullscreen with no crashes.

Hope this helps anyone else with these frustrating crashes!  

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (80,033 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@xSEOx Can you ensure that you have the most recent drivers for your GPU installed, the error you are seeing can point to issues with drivers being corrupted. 

Once done, can you try lowering the resolution and playing in borderless mode.

Let me know how you get on.
Darko.png
Message 2 of 14 (77,780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have done the following:

1) Completely uninstalled Nvidia GeForce drivers.  I then downloaded drivers directly from Nvidia and installed as Admin.  They are version 391.35 which is the latest (released 2018.3.27).

2) I right clicked on the game from within Origin and ran a "repair"

2) We set the game to 1650x1080 and windowed mode.  We made it past the crane.  Then the same error occurred during Leo's fight with the the guy we are chasing (he has an axe). 

After this I completely uninstalled A Way Out and rebooted.  I then re-installed the game but this time on my Samsung SSD (vs the WD Black drive).  

We will be trying this out in about 3 hours once she wakes up. 

Other things I have thought about.

Switching characters.  I have not tired loading this scene with Me playing LEO and her Playing Vincent. 

*NOTE*

I have not tried setting desktop resolution to 1650x1080 and playing in Borderless window mode.

Attached:
I attached the DxDiag from her PC.

Message 3 of 14 (77,770 Views)

★★★ Novice

We have tried the following now:

1) Changed the account with full version to her PC.

- I used the friend pass

2) switched characters, I am leo and she is vincent

3) 1680 x 1050 desktop resolution:  Game in window and borderless window

4) reduced textures to medium and rest of settings to medium / low

Still crashes with the same error......

Ive ran out of ideas at this point.....

Message 4 of 14 (77,747 Views)

Community Manager

@xSEOx Your DXDiag is showing that you have a number of errors including APP CRASH Problem signature:P1: NVDisplay.Container.exe and Event Name: LiveKernelEvent which points to an issue with your GPU. The best thing to do is uninstall all your existing GPU drivers and then reinstall them offline. 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 14 (77,724 Views)

★★★ Novice

I uninstalled all Nvidia software from Add/Remove Programs

- Rebooted twice

I let the 660TI get auto discovered by windows

- I went to device manager and Uninstalled 660TI and choose "delete driver package"

After reboot I went to Nvidia site and downloaded 391.35 Drivers for offline install (445MB)

I installed drivers and rebooted

We have finally made it past that scene.  

We got all the way to the theater where Leo is pushing Vincent to the vent and the hitman is beating on the door.  

her game then crashed again but this time a different error.....(attached)

Message 6 of 14 (77,704 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same here...i even install now windows ..and same problem... can't help you.wait for the patch...
Message 7 of 14 (77,654 Views)

★★★ Novice

So i took 1 week off and revisited it today.  Got it fixed for me!

I did the following:

1) I went to https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ and downloaded DDU v17.0.8.4

- Install the software

- Reboot into safe mode

- Run software and let it do its thing

- Reboot once its done

2) Re-Downloaded Nvidia Latest drivers (not autodetect). Installed using "Express" option

3) "Disable real time thumbnails"

- Here is the guide: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-taskbar-thumbnail-preview-windows-10 

4) Go to Control Panel --> System --> Advanced System Settings.  On the "Visual Effects" tab I selected "Adjust for best performance"

5) Ensured desktop scaling (DPI) within windows was at 100% (not 125%, 150%).

I rebooted and was able finish the entire game in Fullscreen with no crashes.

Hope this helps anyone else with these frustrating crashes!  

Message 8 of 14 (80,034 Views)

A Way Out crashes after playing a couple of minutes

★★★ Newbie

The game first freezes and the crashes after a couple of minutes or even after a few seconds of playing the online co-op mode. After the crash there is a crash report, wich I linked to this.Crash report

Message 9 of 14 (77,133 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have found out how to fix the problem with the "LowLevelFatalError GPU crashed" or found a workaround that no longer causes this error.

LowLevelFatalError [File:D:\build\PC\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: ***] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

Please support me to spread this in other forums as there are a lot of people with this problem. I've been busy for a week now and read a lot, which did not help! (At least 7x 3 hrs. Ie 21 hrs.)

Please also help by writing to the devs that fix this bug, as I do not know exactly who is to blame for this bug. Maybe the Unreal Engine Devs or graphics cards Devs. (Graphics card manufacturer or driver creator)

Long story short, it is related to the Nvidia Garfikkarten that are already overclocked from house !!! The so-called Nvidia OC graphic cards!

The overclocked Nvidia graphics cards have a problem with the Unreal Engine or its programming or vice versa! That's what I found out after days of testing!

Now for the help of me:

It now depends on the graphics card manufacturer, whether he provides an overclocking OC software on his website. In my case I have a Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme and Zotac I had to download the overclocking tool "Firestorm" which is only intended for the Zotac OC graphics cards.

The point here is that with this tool we need to lower our graphics card back to normal, so that we can play the Unreal Engine games that get this low-level FatalError / GPU crashed. So you download this tool, like Firestorm, MSI it is the Afterburner etc. down and changes the GPU clock down -200 / -400 MHz it was with me and saves! (do not forget!) I have to leave the tool open, or in the background, if you can close it, I do not know.

(Before: It's best to save the default settings so that you can use your OC Garfikkarten Power games that do not have this problem. Some have but a standard setting button "default" which you can reset the back in auszusungszsutand with OC Pwoer.)

That's it already! Your Unreal Engine game should now work without this bug!

Have fun and maybe support me and let me have a small donation for the week of hard research and troubleshooting. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=57WG66MBSZTM6

PS: For me it was 3 games that had this error. I do not list these now because I will copy and paste this text to spread it and I do not want it to be deleted for advertising another game.

By the way, game developers are welcome to help inform Nvidia and Unreal Devs about this issue and have it resolved in collaboration. After all, it also saves you a lot of time, trouble and above all money, as there are many players who will return the game due to this error.

Since I am a German, I have this text translated by Google Translator, I hope you can handle the English translation. If not just comment or answer.

Thank you!

Message 10 of 14 (74,728 Views)