Re: Game not working

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game not working

★★★★ Novice

Just downloaded it not too long ago, decided to start it up and nothing happens, I hit play, wait a few seconds, Origin says I'm playing A Way Out and then after a few seconds it doesn't say it anymore. In fact I've even opened my Task Manager to try and see if a .exe even pops up and I don't see it at all in the processes so I was wonder what's the dealio, tried repairing the game, tried updating the game, tried running Origin as admin, tried running the .exe on it's own, tried running the .exe as admin, nothing has worked, even clean re-installed my drivers and no avail.

Message 1 of 12 (2,729 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

UPDATE: Suddenly it's working now, it's really weird considering last night after I tried every different suggestion given to me and after trying to launch the game nothing worked. But of course by pure luck I go to sleep, wake up the next day and give it a try it's suddenly working. If I had to guess what was happening maybe it was still locked by Origin for me? Like maybe after I bought the game and downloaded it for some reason it was still locked as if I hadn't paid for it yet, I'm not entirely sure as that's just my theory but nonetheless it's working now and I have no idea if doing any of this made it work considering after every different suggestion I tried launching it and it still didn't work. Either way I'm glad it's working, I have no idea what indefinitely fixed it but I'm glad I can actually play the game now, thanks for your help and spending your time to try and fix this problem for me, I really appreciate it.

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (3,307 Views)

All Replies

DxDiag file please??

Anti-Virus used??

Drivers for sound as well as video??  Disable all sound systems not in use...

Can you install trial version??  If so does it work??  IF trial runs, lower graphics below ultra (set medium) and retest main game...

Disable antivirus, repair install, disable all overlays(origin, fraps, teamspeak, razor, etc) and recheck if runs?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 12 (2,709 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here's the DxDiag file, I don't use any anti-virus software and my firewall is disabled but I figured I'd double-check to see if A Way Out was being blocked on my firewall and it was not. I don't really want to try installing the trial version or re-installing the game if I have to since my internet is pretty bad and it'll take forever to re-install but it'll be my last resort. And I can't really launch the game like it doesn't pop up or appear when I try to, also didn't have any overlays.

Message 3 of 12 (2,705 Views)
Highlighted

Other than a few issues with Real player update, I don't see a whole bunch to jump out as issues on the DxDiag....maybe someone better at them might see something but I don't.

Do you have windows defender active??  IF so, disable, repair game and retry...

Has it created a folder in your documents file, >>>>  C:\Users\USER NAME\Documents\My Games\A Way Out 

curious to know if it has gotten that far...and if so, maybe we can modify some game resolutions and see if it works..or delete some of the files and see if it makes a difference...

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 4 of 12 (2,690 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't have windows defender active and there's no folder for A Way Out in the My Games folder within Documents.

Message 5 of 12 (2,688 Views)

Try a clean boot of the computer and see if it will run...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Message 6 of 12 (2,684 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After trying a clean boot I got this error when trying to start the game.

Message 7 of 12 (2,657 Views)

Wow....

Hmmm...keep it in clean boot mode, uninstall Origin, clear cache for Origin, reinstall origin and retry....

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Don-t-know-how-to-clear-origin-cache-View-this/td-p/54997...

Message 8 of 12 (2,647 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did all of that and I'm still getting the same message, anything I should change in the clean boot? Like in msconfig I mean.

Message 9 of 12 (2,629 Views)

★★★★ Novice

UPDATE: Suddenly it's working now, it's really weird considering last night after I tried every different suggestion given to me and after trying to launch the game nothing worked. But of course by pure luck I go to sleep, wake up the next day and give it a try it's suddenly working. If I had to guess what was happening maybe it was still locked by Origin for me? Like maybe after I bought the game and downloaded it for some reason it was still locked as if I hadn't paid for it yet, I'm not entirely sure as that's just my theory but nonetheless it's working now and I have no idea if doing any of this made it work considering after every different suggestion I tried launching it and it still didn't work. Either way I'm glad it's working, I have no idea what indefinitely fixed it but I'm glad I can actually play the game now, thanks for your help and spending your time to try and fix this problem for me, I really appreciate it.

Message 10 of 12 (3,308 Views)