Game-Breaking Glitch @ "Jungle Road" Plane Jump

by LudwigsBicycle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game-Breaking Glitch @ "Jungle Road" Plane Jump

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello--

My friend and I are on PC, and we've experienced a game-breaking glitch in the "Jungle Road" section. When we're trying to jump onto the plane from the bike, sometimes the first person can make it, but the second person will always get stuck 100% of the time. We've switched characters to see if that made any difference. Whoever is playing Vincent (on the back of the bike) will shoot forward and fuse with/get stuck on the support that holds up the plane's wing. Whoever is playing Leo (on the front) will get stuck slightly behind the plane door and be unable to accelerate to catch up with it. 

We're both on pretty slow computers, but have turned down all the graphics and optimized our machines so the game runs pretty smoothly. 

I saw a similar issue here that was solved by turning VSync on; unfortunately that didn't help us. 

We also both repaired our games in the Origin client. 

If anyone has any suggestions, please let us know-- we're really enjoying this game and would love to finish it! At this point, too, I'm curious if there's a cheat that will just push us past this sequence-- we've tried so, so many times to get it right. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (2,613 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game-Breaking Glitch @ "Jungle Road" Plane Jump

★★ Novice

I can confirm, that lowering the resolution worked for me.
Thank you for the tip!

It actually helps in other sections of the game also.

For instance at the two unbeatable cops just after prison escape.

(We've played on PC Win 10, Origin, keyboard + logitech controller)

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (2,081 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @LudwigsBicycle

One of the successful workarounds for a few bugs in A Way Out has been switching from on-line to local coop, just to push through the problematic part of the game. Have you tried to do this?

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 6 (2,565 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, we've tried local coop as well, on both of our PCs. When we did local coop, we never got stuck in the wing support, but we could never accelerate far enough to get to the door. 

Message 3 of 6 (2,538 Views)

★ Novice

Okay, I've just watched a walkthrough of this section, and I'd like to amend this slightly. Now it seems like we ARE in the right spot to make the jump into the plane, but the real issue is that the QTE is rarely/never available. For the first person to jump, the actual QTE action (Space/A) will present itself maybe 5% of the time. For the second person, it's never available. We can see throughout this section the little yellow dot indicating a QTE, but it's hardly ever available for us to perform.

Message 4 of 6 (2,521 Views)

Back in Mass Effect 1 days, people had an issue with a part of the game and it was because their computer really wasn't up to playing the game.  They could never get past a point because they would run out of time, and thus is sounds very like the issue you have here.  Some people could turn down the resolution to the very bottom, not just quality but actual screen resolution.  You may see if you can do something here, that lowers the load on the hardware to get past this point.....or borrow a friends computer, move game and save to it, get past this and then move back...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 6 (2,501 Views)

★★ Novice

I can confirm, that lowering the resolution worked for me.
Thank you for the tip!

It actually helps in other sections of the game also.

For instance at the two unbeatable cops just after prison escape.

(We've played on PC Win 10, Origin, keyboard + logitech controller)

Message 6 of 6 (2,082 Views)