Re: GTX 1080 performance issue

by RAMPAGE572

Original Post

GTX 1080 performance issue

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm assuming it's my CPU that's the bottleneck but it's really odd that my PC is getting constant dips in framerate.

The GPU isn't touching 70% load and most of the time is in the 50's...

My CPU is hitting 98-100 on 1 or 2 cores most of the time. This is results from just starting the game so it's really rather odd.

Setup;

i5 2500k

MSI GTX 1080

16GB RAM

EVGA SupaNova 850

I meet the required spec, though CPU is a little old but should be fine. Though I'm not noticing any performance increases when turning down textures from ultra to high or medium. Same goes for post processing I might get an extra 2 fps?

I noticed setting the game to run at an priority of "above average" seemed to help a little with the stuttering as well as enabling my GPU overclock.

Even enabling the settings outlined on the product page for 1080p 60fps it still has framerate issues... I just updated my drivers as well.

EDIT:

With below NVIDIA Control Panel settings enabled.

- Physx = CPU
- Maximum pre rendered frames = 1
- Sharder Cache = Off
- Threaded Optimization = On

Without Fix Enabled?

Can someone explain why CPU usage drops when Physx is set to CPU?

I'm so lost right now.

Message 1 of 7 (1,567 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hello @RAMPAGE572

i have, besides the CPU the same type of components as you and my game was running smoothly the entire playthrough so it might be your CPU. Tho your specs should be in the requirements, taking into account the high CPU load i would still assume that its whats causing your issues.

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

Answeres provided by real chickens

Message 2 of 7 (1,559 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same, but whats truely weird is that setting these settings in Nvidia Control panel helped a little?

-Physx = CPU

- Maximum pre rendered frames = 1

- Sharder Cache = Off

- Threaded Optimization = On

Not sure which or the combination of these settings helped but... my CPU usage is across the board now below 70% across all cores?

That's just super bizarre.

Message 3 of 7 (1,559 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Enabling VSYNC helps a lot as well.

Message 4 of 7 (1,549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

My performance with a GTX 1080 and one of the latest chips i7 8700k is also awful.

Running at 1920x1080 or any other resolution has around 30-45 fps, sometimes drops below 30 - FPS via origin.

It's very choppy, it's the game - not the machine. Hopefully something can be fixed.

Yes, tried the recommended settings for 60fps, they don't work.

Message 5 of 7 (1,505 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This might sound stupid but maybe i dont have issues cause im running 144hz, but im not sure if this could be it

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

Answeres provided by real chickens

Message 6 of 7 (1,491 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Was it ever fixed?

Message 7 of 7 (1,408 Views)