Friends who also own game cant play, those who dont cant find the free-trial!

by GaNgGaNgKiDdO

Original Post

Friends who also own game cant play, those who dont cant find the free-trial!

★★ Novice

Product: A Way Out
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which mode has this happened in? Online Co-Op
Which character were you controlling? Leo
Summarize your bug Alright, after 2 days of research, I've concluded this: My friends who also own the game cannot play with me, but friends who get the free trial are; However, able to play. Also, another frequently occurring problem is that many of my friends who do not own the game cannot find the "free trial" option. This makes it extremely hard to play with anyone, my friend who also owns the game really wanted to play, but can't, but the kid who doesn't own it can? How does that make sense? Anyways, fix this ASAP, Me and my friends really want to play!
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try Online Co-op with someone else who owns the game, also try to get someone who doesn't own it to get the trial, some can get it, some can't!
What happens when the bug occurs? For the person who owns it, he just gets stuck in an endless loading screen, and the others who don't own it, cannot find the free trial!
What do you expect to see? Me playing the game with my friends, and for all friends to see the free trial! ‌

Problems with game and free-trial! FIX PLZ!!!

Message 1 of 18 (7,215 Views)

Re: Friends who also own game cant play, those who dont cant find the free-trial

★★ Novice

I have a friend who doesnt own it and he cant load either lol

Message 2 of 18 (7,152 Views)

Re: Friends who also own game cant play, those who dont cant find the free-trial

★★★ Apprentice
I'm having the exact same issue. Really hoping for a fix or some information about if it's a bug or feature of the friend pass. Thanks.
Message 3 of 18 (7,148 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I’m experiencing this too, was really looking forward to playing this with my friend last Friday when the game released. EA has to be one of the WORST video game companies in existance, how can they just release a game that won’t let me invite my friend to play when the main mechanic of the game needs another player??
Message 4 of 18 (7,131 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, when inviting a friend to play can you have them ensure that they are playing on their main account and that it is set to as the home console. 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 18 (7,086 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
The friend who I'm unable to join is using the only account they have, we both have xbox live gold and both own the game. I only have this account on this xbox so I don't see how that might be making it not work.

The friend who I can't play with has since been able to play through the game with someone else who didn't own the game perfectly fine without issues. But I still can't join any session I'm invited to on a way out, nor can anyone join me.

As I've mentioned in a previous post we're both on Open NAT and I'm using IPv4 and IPv6. I've forwarded the ports to make sure nothing is wrong there, and even tried a MAC reset on my console with no luck.

I've had no other issues with any other game I've played online. Far cry 5 connected perfectly, online games like PUBG worked no problem, so I'm confident it's not my Internet.

Is there any way you can find out if this is an issue exclusive to people who have both purchased the game?

Even after all this I'm still looking forward to this game, some clarification on why it's not working would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Message 6 of 18 (7,047 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me and my friend game share with each other, I gave him the game and we both own it. Everyone who has the free trial can play it with me but the one who actually owns the game cannot. I'm having your exact problem!

Message 7 of 18 (7,031 Views)

Community Manager

@B4DDERZ Have you tried to download the trial version rather than both launching from the full version?

Darko.png
Message 8 of 18 (7,002 Views)

Community Manager

@J-DAWGIsSmexy I'm not quite following, did you buy the game and then gave access to your account to your friend in that there is one copy of the game you are sharing across two accounts by setting each others account as the home console?

Darko.png
Message 9 of 18 (7,001 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko I've tried uninstalling the game completely and joining an invite to receive the friend pass, but every time I try that it just gives me options to install the full game only.

I've also tried recovering an old account and joining through that instead but that only gave me the option to buy the game outright. And to be completely honest I want to play the game on the account I bought it on. Is this an issue just for people who have purchased the game?

Thank you for your reply.
Message 10 of 18 (6,996 Views)