Re: Free trial 'Friends pass' is not free !! Wrong infos in the games descriptio

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Free trial 'Friends pass' is not free !! Wrong infos in the games description!

★ Novice

Today I tried to invite a friend to the game, but he got the message that he doesnt own the game.

In the games description it sais in german:

Spiele das gesamte Erlebnis mit deinen Freunden, indem du sie über die ""Freunde-Pass""-Free Trial kostenlos in dein Spiel einlädst. Wenn du die Vollversion kaufst, kannst du deine Freunde unabhängig davon, ob sie das Spiel besitzen oder nicht, online einladen. Schicke einem Freund über das Ingame-Menü eine Einladung, er schaltet die Free Trial frei, und schon könnt ihr das gesamte Spiel gemeinsam erleben.

(engl.: Play the whole game with your friends by inviting them via the 'Friends-pass'-Free Trial to the game for free. When you buy the full version of the game you can invite your friends, if they own the game or not, online. Send a friend an invite via the ingame menu, he unlocks the free trial, and you can play the game together.)

I went to live chat and they referred me to a link on the forum where it sais that for this to work your friend must have a playstation plus membership or a x-box live gold membership.

I am greatly disappointed by this. This info belongs into the games description, and not hidden in some forum!

For the next time i wont be buying any more EA games for sure..

Message 1 of 5 (1,839 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Free trial 'Friends pass' is not free !! Wrong infos in the games descriptio

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @DaMoCL 

While PS Plus or Xbox Live Gold subscriptions are not required to play the game in the split-screen mode, they're indeed needed if you would like to play with friend in the online multiplayer. It's been noted down by both Sony and Microsoft in their stores.

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_3.png

I'm afraid there's no mention of the Trial version being available in the online mode without those subscriptions Frown Apologies if it caused any confusion or frustration, but that's the usual requirement for the majority of online console games - PS Plus or Xbox Live Gold are necessary to play online.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,738 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @DaMoCL 

While PS Plus or Xbox Live Gold subscriptions are not required to play the game in the split-screen mode, they're indeed needed if you would like to play with friend in the online multiplayer. It's been noted down by both Sony and Microsoft in their stores.

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_3.png

I'm afraid there's no mention of the Trial version being available in the online mode without those subscriptions Frown Apologies if it caused any confusion or frustration, but that's the usual requirement for the majority of online console games - PS Plus or Xbox Live Gold are necessary to play online.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 5 (1,739 Views)

★ Novice

I was playing the game on the PC. My friend also wanted to play via PC.

I got the game from the Origin Store.

None of us owns a playstation or a x-box!

Message 3 of 5 (1,547 Views)

★ Novice

It furthermore is really sad that it took a month to get a reply.

Just today i got an email notofication that there was a response.. thats another month after the reply.

I am done for now with games from EA. Greatly disappointed!

Message 4 of 5 (1,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Xbox One w/Xbox Gold Live Account; same as my friend: I'm also disappointed I just tried to have a friend join but she received the "Download the 'Free Trial' Message."  And EVERY free trial I've had is a LIMITED playing TIME. How can she complete the Game if She has the free trial version?  I myself have yet to BEGIN to play it after having it for more than three months, I cannot even after joining the "A Way Out" Club.  What a WASTE of TIME, MONEY & EFFORT.

Message 5 of 5 (1,328 Views)