Re: Failed to Join Session

by YagamiLaitoo0

Original Post

Failed to Join Session

★ Novice

Hello,

I currently own A Way Out and gave my friend the free pass. Both on PC. Both Using NVIDIA, both in Japan, both with high speed internet etc.

Every time we get in game and I already have a session established I send the invite and it tells him he failed to join the session. Is there a particular reason for this? Nothing has worked thus far. Restarts, reinstalls, antivirus disabling, admin priveledges, nothing. Would like an assist please.

Message 1 of 9 (3,234 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

We're having the same issues

Message 2 of 9 (3,161 Views)

★★ Novice

It might be because one of you two can't connect to the EA servers.. I have found that out the hard way 

Message 3 of 9 (3,152 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

what can we do ?
We want to play that game. and me with the friendspass can't join

Message 4 of 9 (3,145 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same issue 

Message 5 of 9 (2,973 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Xenji101

Sorry to hear about your issue and thank you so much for the detailed description of your problem.

I see that you've already checked out a few troubleshooting steps. Usually for issues with joining a game session we recommend opening dedicated ports on your network connection. Have you tried this one out as well?

And a question for the rest of the players, who also encounter this issue - are you also trying to play with a friend on PC or it's a different platform?

Thank you for your replies!

/Ataashi

Message 6 of 9 (2,964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Likewise with my Friend and I, both in South Africa... it works intermittently at best

Message 7 of 9 (2,845 Views)

★★★ Newbie
For me I’m playing on xbox and my friend and I both fully own the game. When I invite him it says authenticating but then it just shows the screen with the two spinning lines in the center. Is there any solution?
I have restarted, uninstalled, and tried every way of inviting and none of it has worked.
Message 8 of 9 (2,839 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @dylanmarkham

Can I ask if you're both using your home consoles and Xbox accounts with active Xbox Live Gold?

/Ataashi

Message 9 of 9 (2,737 Views)