Connecting with a friend PC

by MrRobert5755

Original Post

Connecting with a friend PC

★ Novice

Both me and my friend own the game, but his origin wont connect to the friends server. His game works fine and he has spent multiple hours on the phone with EA support and nothing has come of it. We believe it is his Origin because he can connect to the internet fine on any other game and my Origin is connecting fine. Is there a way to fix his Origin or to connect with a friend on PC outside of Origin?

Message 1 of 6 (508 Views)

Re: Connecting with a friend PC

Just to be sure....you are starting the game, using online option, inviting him to play.  He accepts your invitation, game starts but it will not connect to your game??

Is his game a full version or friend pass??  If full, have you tried letting him create the game and does it make any difference??

Have you made sure his firewall and router allow the connection??  Have you whitelisted it with anti-virus programs??

Both of you have Origin overlay turned on for the game??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 6 (464 Views)

★ Novice

We both have the game, however his Origin says hes offline, he has turned off his firewall and opened multiple ports on his router to try to get Origin to connect with the server. Both of our games run fine but I cannot see that he is on and he cannot see that I am on so I cannot invite him to a party.

Message 3 of 6 (445 Views)

If his origin thinks he is offline and can't be put into online mode, then I would uninstall Origin and reinstall it, as it may have had a malfunction on the last update.  Sometimes you can just close it, log out and open and log in....but most times a full reinstall of Origin is best.  It will not remove any games, just the client, but you can't play those games until you get the Origin Client back on and working.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 4 of 6 (442 Views)

★ Novice

While on tech support with EA they asked him to reinstall it, twice. He gave me is log in information and I logged in at my house and I was online. I gave him mine to try at his house and it said he was offline on my account. He tried it on wifi (the computer he plays on) and on ethernet (a different computer in his house) and nothing changed.

Message 5 of 6 (430 Views)

Sounds like a network or Internet issue then.
Double checking router settings, reseting router, and possibly checking computer on different WiFi network ( friends house) may help see where issue is.
Message 6 of 6 (417 Views)