Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can't download game

by interzoid

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't download game

★★★★ Novice

Origin says game is playable at 38%. My download stuck at 37% for more than three hours, the small window of the game stated it was "completing". If I tried to quit Origin I got a message stating "can't quit, A Way Out is finishing installation".
Waited a while more and then killed origin.exe from windows task manager. Restarted Origin, now game is shown at 0%, not downloading but still "completing - preparing for game".
What should I do?

Message 1 of 3 (385 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't download game

★★★★ Novice

Ok, it seems Origin performs installation when download reaches 38%, but installation process  got stuck somehow and download didn't progress. I just quit origin and deleted A Way Out folder. Game got downloaded again and this time all was Ok. Enjoying it now with my son!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (496 Views)

All Replies

I would Quit origin, uninstall it, remove all a way out files, clear cache for Origin and then re-install Origin and start over for A way out.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Don-t-know-how-to-clear-origin-cache-View-this/td-p/54997...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3 (367 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, it seems Origin performs installation when download reaches 38%, but installation process  got stuck somehow and download didn't progress. I just quit origin and deleted A Way Out folder. Game got downloaded again and this time all was Ok. Enjoying it now with my son!

Message 3 of 3 (497 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help