Can't download game

by interzoid

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't download game

★★★★ Novice

Origin says game is playable at 38%. My download stuck at 37% for more than three hours, the small window of the game stated it was "completing". If I tried to quit Origin I got a message stating "can't quit, A Way Out is finishing installation".
Waited a while more and then killed origin.exe from windows task manager. Restarted Origin, now game is shown at 0%, not downloading but still "completing - preparing for game".
What should I do?

Message 1 of 3 (1,121 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't download game

★★★★ Novice

Ok, it seems Origin performs installation when download reaches 38%, but installation process  got stuck somehow and download didn't progress. I just quit origin and deleted A Way Out folder. Game got downloaded again and this time all was Ok. Enjoying it now with my son!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,227 Views)

All Replies

I would Quit origin, uninstall it, remove all a way out files, clear cache for Origin and then re-install Origin and start over for A way out.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Don-t-know-how-to-clear-origin-cache-View-this/td-p/54997...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3 (1,098 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, it seems Origin performs installation when download reaches 38%, but installation process  got stuck somehow and download didn't progress. I just quit origin and deleted A Way Out folder. Game got downloaded again and this time all was Ok. Enjoying it now with my son!

Message 3 of 3 (1,228 Views)