About friend pass?

by taker1029

Original Post

Accepted Solution

About friend pass?

★ Novice

The video that i seen says that your friend can download the free trial. The question is, is that free trial forever or is it a like a 14 day thing?  

Message 1 of 10 (4,913 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: About friend pass?

Champion (Retired)

@taker1029

In the video they say "the entire game for free", so I guess that's forever. But from what I understand, your friend won't >get< the game, it's still your game. So you can play the whole game with a friend, but that friend cannot play with someone else who does not have it. Does that answer your question? Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (6,974 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@taker1029

In the video they say "the entire game for free", so I guess that's forever. But from what I understand, your friend won't >get< the game, it's still your game. So you can play the whole game with a friend, but that friend cannot play with someone else who does not have it. Does that answer your question? Standard smile

Message 2 of 10 (6,975 Views)

★ Novice

YUP THX!

Message 3 of 10 (4,868 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EA_Davidor @ivrognard

This post was previously placed in A Way Out, where is obviously belongs, not here. Can anyone please move it back? Standard smile

Message 4 of 10 (4,847 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CMeki moved in the correct section. Thanks for the tag.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 10 (4,840 Views)

★ Guide
This is a very interesting question I think. Normally you would assume that it will be time limited since it doesn't limit the content of the game. I mean what makes it a trial in the first place if neither content nor time is limited?

But on the other hand the trial needs to be generous enough that people will purchase the game in the first place, knowing they'll be able to finish it with a friend. If it's like a 24 hour trial EA will probably lose out on a lot of potential buys since you would need to dedicate an entire day to the game. And getting people to buy a co-op only game in the first place is probably a bit tricky.

My amateur guess is there will be some kind of time limit or equivalent. But one that makes if fairly easy to actually finish the game together. This could be a couple of weeks a calendar time, it could be in-game time (eg 12 hours), it may even be tied to only being able to start a new game once without any actual time limit.

I would not be surprised if we see an unusual kind of limit (ie something other than calendar time).
Message 6 of 10 (4,530 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@HeinzHarald1980

You could be right, but to be clear, EA never called it a trial anywhere, it's just a word @taker1029 used in the question.
I think that if I buy the game I can play it with a friend, but that friend will not be able to play the game with anyone else than me. another question question is if I, as the owner, can first play it with for example my boyfriend and then my sister? As we cannot buy the game several times on Origin, I guess this must be possible? Or maybe we can pay a fee to add more friends?

I still think it might be a forever thing though, but that they don't get the game, they just get the ability to join your game Standard smile

Message 7 of 10 (4,491 Views)

★ Guide
Message 8 of 10 (4,478 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@HeinzHarald1980
Thanks, guess it's a newer video! Standard smile

But they still say it's the entire game, and it looks like you can play with different friends, so maybe it's rather that they can play it, but not without the owner! Could be time based in some strange way, but it feels like it isn't from the old and the new video :D

Message 9 of 10 (4,472 Views)

★ Guide

agreed. Its the best way to market a 2 player online co-op game. allow another to join. Also look at the price of the game. That is a huge suggestion that there will be additional DLC. I feel they may be mapping this game out similar to the new Hitman

Message 10 of 10 (4,001 Views)