Re: A way out cant join friends

by Dillow2O

Original Post

A way out cant join friends

★★★ Newbie

I've owned a way out for 3 months but never once played it because it won't let anyone join me or me join anyone I've tried everything from the forums nothings working I honestly would prefer just to have the money back but xbox and ea don't offer refunds for degital products I just want to know now if they ever plan on fixing the bug that multiple people have had or have they just given up on the game ? 

Message 1 of 3 (988 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @IJustNoodledYou

I'm sorry to hear about your problem with A Way Out Frown

Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps exactly have you performed so far?

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 3 (942 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Ataashi wrote:

Hey @IJustNoodledYou

I'm sorry to hear about your problem with A Way Out Frown

Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps exactly have you performed so far?

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Hey @EA_Ataashi

I have the same problem. Each failed attempt resulted in the joining user watching two alternating yellow semicircles spinning after seeing the word 'authenticating'. The inviting user sits in the lobby while waiting for the other user to join. 

So far I've:

- Replaced my cable modem to support IPv6 so my connection matched my friends connection type. 

- Successfully got matching IPv4 & IPv6 connection types in XBox network settings for both of us.

- Failed attempt

- Cleared alternate MAC address settings on both XBox consoles after confirming IP connection types matched.

- Failed attempt

- I also purchased a copy of the game

- Failed attempt

- Restarted modem, router, and cleared mac settings after verifying matching IP connection types for both of us 

- Failed attempt

Please advise whether EA has acknowledged this is a known issue and whether or not there is a work around in the mean time.

Thanks

Message 3 of 3 (927 Views)