A Way Out - Can't Join Friends

by ltsTwiist

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A Way Out - Can't Join Friends

★★★ Newbie
My friend and I have been trying to join each other on A Way Out on Xbox One for 2 days. All it does is says "Authenticating" then proceeds to just load forever with the 2 yellow spinning circles. We've tried everything like reseting our Mac address and each of us trying to host. The same issue happens to both of us. Both of our NAT types are open, and we both have Xbox Live Gold. We've never had trouble joining each order in other games.
Message 1 of 20 (34,867 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: A Way Out - Can't Join Friends

Community Manager
Message 6 of 20 (39,544 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
This worked on the first try for me..

1. Go to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternative Mac Address > Clear
2. After this shut down the console, disconnect the power cord from the back of the Xbox One and wait two minutes.
3. Once the two minutes have passed, plug the power back in and wait for the power bricks light to go from White to Orange.
4. Once the brick is Orange, start your console.
Message 2 of 20 (34,780 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
this hasnt worked and i have attempted it three times, this fix is not a real fix, only for a select few.
Message 3 of 20 (34,760 Views)

Community Manager

@ltsTwiist  Can you and your friend ensure that you both have Xbox Live and you have your account set to Adult Default. Also, please ensure that you are playing on your home console. 

You may run into an issue if you or your friend is playing on IPv4 and the other is on IPV6, and vice versa so it's worth checking.

Darko.png
Message 4 of 20 (34,731 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ON XBX ONE X DID YOU FIX IT?

Message 5 of 20 (34,648 Views)

Community Manager
Message 6 of 20 (39,545 Views)

★★★ Novice
Has anyone found a fix for this? Ive tried resetting and changin all my settings including ports and ipv, im about to request a refund.
Message 7 of 20 (34,295 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue here. No matter what I do, my friend is stuck at the loading screen, leaving us unable to play the game. I have tried the troubleshooting to no avail. It's pretty ridiculous that in 2018, this is even an issue. Will likely be requesting a refund because I'm unable to play an actually decent game.

Message 8 of 20 (34,247 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is totally ridiculous. Just giving out the same useless trouble shooting suggestions about account settings and router settings is pathetic. This issue is obviously fairly widespread and it doesn't even seem that you are willing to acknowledge there is a problem. ITS A CO-OP ONLY GAME THAT YOU CAN'T PLAY ONLINE?! What a joke!

Message 9 of 20 (34,242 Views)

★★★ Novice
You know that!

Absolutely shocking and surely not fit for purpose... And only 60% of that is aimed towards the game.
Message 10 of 20 (34,234 Views)