unlink banned account

by UnreaLich

Original Post

Accepted Solution

unlink banned account

★★★ Novice

Got banned for hate speach. Accept my fault, but EA cant block only Apex account, block full EA account with solo-games too ("very nice").
Want unlink that account from steam - only response i get - 
"We received your latest message regarding the action taken on your account. We have performed all investigations possible on this issue and will not reverse the decision.

Please do not expect further responses on this matter."

Nice TOS team. They cant block any actions on my steam account but refuse to unlink origin acc from steam. It's worst game-plaform ever, EGS and Battlenet not even closer to this ****. 

if you ever want to link your ea-acc to steam - do not play any multiplayer ea-games on it. Because this violation on your rights will be applied for any reason.

Message 1 of 10 (3,455 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: unlink banned account

Community Manager

Hey @UnreaLich 

We are unable to assist with Bans on an EA Account, We have a dedicated Terms of Serivce team that handle all investigations. 

Once you reach out to dispute an action taken on your account, our TOS team will perform an invesitgation into the BAN. If our team declines removing the BAN we would be unable assist further. 

If you have further questions about Bans or investigations we have a few Help Articles below that provide further details.

Thanks! 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (3,427 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @UnreaLich 

We are unable to assist with Bans on an EA Account, We have a dedicated Terms of Serivce team that handle all investigations. 

Once you reach out to dispute an action taken on your account, our TOS team will perform an invesitgation into the BAN. If our team declines removing the BAN we would be unable assist further. 

If you have further questions about Bans or investigations we have a few Help Articles below that provide further details.

Thanks! 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 10 (3,428 Views)

★★★ Novice

i dont want to remove ban. I want unlink my ea-account from steam. 
And ea-tos-team cant block any feature on my steam account (and "unlink" is one of it). But they refuse to unlink account. 

Message 3 of 10 (3,421 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Having the same problem, no wonder how many other people have it and EA just doesn't care. It deserves all the hatred. Good job EA and good job answers HQ with auto replies which is of no use to anyone.

Message 4 of 10 (3,161 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Talk more and they'll lock this thread just like the others. That's all they can do XD.

check these out

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Unlinking-from-a-banned-account/td-p/8700108

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/UNLINK-BANNED-ACCOUNT-FROM-STEAM/td-p/10566458

and the best part, they'll mark it as solved LMAO.

Message 5 of 10 (3,159 Views)

EA understands that I will not start a separate account for her sake without a garter to Steam, and in this case you lose a potential buyer of your products. This is inadequate, I can still understand when a ban is given for cheats, but for words... this is inadequate. This is a global problem, is EA generally management aware of it? TOS team is incompetent!!!!!
Message 6 of 10 (2,779 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same problem here ... i cant no more use ea game on my xbox gamepass and they dont want unlink ...

Message 7 of 10 (2,501 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same * problem , how can u not unlink ur accout from another platform ? and they deny u the use on other platforms , i cant create another acc on my steam on apex cuz of the fricking link which I CANT undo . rediculous

Message 8 of 10 (1,935 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah it’s insane that they ban people for such basic insults and banter. This has literally been apart of gaming for like 30 years lol. You should hear the stuff people call me and doesn’t bother me a bit or do I report them. It’s just gaming banter. I got my account banned for calling someone a r3trd. Like what?? Anyways, just don’t buy EA games anymore. They’re going to lose their whole player base because literally every second game I played on apex my whole squad is eligible for ban under these terms. 

Message 9 of 10 (1,202 Views)

Community Manager

Going to go ahead and lock this as there is nothing more we can do to assist on AHQ.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,189 Views)